1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi A3 8P2 VCDS Coding

zippyijk Jun 14, 2012

1. zippyijk

zippyijk Member

Well hello hello :) Eventually got a RT VCDS cable (from Nigel) so I've been messing about with some changes already.

I'm not sure how to (or if I can) post attachments so here's a link to an .xls (Audi A3_VCDS Menus.xls 7.31MB) that I made earlier.
    Basically its just to keep track of my settings but its screen grabs of all the modules on my car and all of their adaption/coding/codingII sections.
    Might be helpful to someone else if trying to find that specific byte/bit.

(MODS if its not OK to post a link please delete I won't be offended ;) )

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17485710/Audi A3_VCDS Menus.xls

So I've had a few changes made in the past which you'll probably notice from the excel file attached.
    There's a few I'd be interested in doing but not sure exactly how or if they're possible.

First thing is that I have heated seats in front/rear installed from factory but in
    09-Cent. Elect
    Coding
    Byte 2 - Bit 7 (Seat Heating Installed)
    This is not ticked?? Now my heated seats work perfectly but just wondering why its not ticked?

Next is TPMS
    I know there are 2 types of TPMS, one with the sensors at each wheel and one that is ABS based.
    I know that it can be controlled from the DIS or from a button...like my Octy vRS had.
    I also know on my Yeti that even without the button it can be enabled without the button/DIS and reset from VCDS.
    It takes approx 1 hr of driving to set its new values......details can be found on briskoda.
    The disadvantage of that is the fact you need VCDS to reset it every time you get a flat/puncture but I'd not be worried about that.
    So is it possible to enable TPMS on an 05 plate A3 8P2 Sportback?
    If I -16384 from coding in my ABS module, that should change to "with TPMS"

Then in CAN Gateway in Coding if I enable Byte 01 bit 7 (65-Tyre Pressure Monitoring) that would show up TPMS module, but that doesn't sound right, that sounds like the other system that needs a module for the sensors on the wheels?

I can't see anything in my Instruments module but I didn't search each channel in adaption yet.

TPMS can then be reset from Adaptation menu on ABS module.
    I then drive until TPMS light deactivates, like on Yeti?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  2. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Ignore the seat heating box, its not related & tpms on that year is possible if abs supports, try coding & see if accepts, then try to check for readings changing in MB's 7 dont enable tpms in gateway as its also not related to the abs version.