1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi a3 8p tdi 170 quattro Remap

Discussion in 'Sales Questions' started by ckman85, Jun 3, 2011.

1. ckman85

ckman85 Member

Hi, how much will it cost to map my audi tdi 170 quattro? also wot gains will i be looking at? also r their n e thing i cud do to hav some power gains?

Thanks

Will
  2. VRStu

VRStu Just Looking

Will they will probably want to know is it a PD or Common Rail??

PD's are not so good as the DPF can be an issue. I'm pretty sure for instance that REVO won't touch the PD's now.

Have you got some keys missing off of your keyboard???
  3. ckman85

ckman85 Member

Ummmm..... Im not sure if it's a PD or Common Rail. How can i find out?

I hope i can get my car mapped :-S
  4. VRStu

VRStu Just Looking

Have a look at the sticker inside your service book that will have the engine code on it.
  5. ckman85

ckman85 Member

Just had a look and it says the engine code is BMN, is that good or bad?

I swear quite a few people with 170 tdi engine have their cars mapped?
  6. VRStu

VRStu Just Looking

BMN is PD I think.
  7. ckman85

ckman85 Member

Oh pants. Well a few ppl have got their 170's mapped, so fingers crossed i can too. Just waiting for reply from AMD now :)
  8. ben@amdessex

ben@amdessex Member

Morning,

We are able to re-map the 170 diesel with very good results andno issues with the car or the DPF.

The 170 usually goes up to around 210-215bhp and gains an extra40-50 lbft of torque. This really does make a big difference to the performanceof the car with acceleration all the way through the rev range as well asmaking the car more drivable.
    You will also get better MPG due to the added torque the re-mapgives you, obviously we cannot give exact figures on the gain as it does dependon driving style and conditions.

The price is £399.95 inc vat which will also include before andafter rolling road runs with a print out. We also start off with a road testand data logging to make sure the car is running as it should and there are notissues. The 170’s are usually pretty good and we don’t normally find problemswith them. All of our re-maps are written to the car we are working on and notgeneric. The process takes around two and half to three hours and weusually only need a day or two’s notice.

Hope this helps but if you do have any further questions pleasedo not hesitate in contacting me.

Ben
  9. ckman85

ckman85 Member

arhhh GOOD stuff, i will probs book an appointment to hav the car mapped sometime next month. Isit possible to wait around whilst the car is being mapped?

Thanks

Will
  10. ben@amdessex

ben@amdessex Member

Morning Will,

Most people go for a stroll around Lakeside etc while the remap is done as it is only 5 minutes walk away.

Ben
  11. MOOSH

MOOSH Member

I am also going to go for this remap as well as a friend in the next few months and cant wait, i conacted possibly 4 compaines with not much success in the way of a reply or any comfort in taking the next steps in tuning but ben put my mind at rest and answered all of my silly questions :)