Audi A3 8P 3.2 Quattro DSG 2007MY Hillhold Assist Retrofit

SpeedFerret

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

The current ABS / Controller on my car is 1K0614517AB which doesn't have Drive Off Assitance according to the Audi Parts manual.

However, there are two controllers which appear to be suitable for my car (Quattro) and they are:
1K0614517AD
or
1K0614517S

I'm assuming these are from different manufacturers as they both seem to be valid over the same date range.

Would anyone know whether both will do the job ?

I believe the adoptions can be found at the following page:
http://www.lightnings.dk/vcds_udstyr_en.html

Is there anything else I need to do apart from this ?

OK. So have obtained a unit that should be compatible. Car going to local mech next week. Will need coding so hopefully have an answer by 19/08.

Car is going in next Thursday, so should know by Saturday if the 1K0614517S unit has worked. Which reminds me, need to open the bonnet tomorrow and make sure the brake pipes are in the same location. I bought the unit for £61 and £30 P&P shipping / import charges from Tampa, Florida. I was really wanting to get hold of the 1K0614517AD part as its closest to mine but it was north of £250 in UK / Europe. There may be a reason for that though ... LOL.

Also just got a 1K0614517AD from a smashed up A3 3.2 in my local breaker for OK money, so now have two of the feckers.