1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

audi a3 8p 2.0tdi tuning ideas

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by gavlangley88, Feb 28, 2013.

1. gavlangley88

gavlangley88 New Member

Hi all,

im sorry if this post has been asked and answered elsewhere on the forum but im new to the site and the whole forum idea.
    I have recently purchased a 2004 a3 2.0tdi sport and im looking for some ideas or advice on what can be achieved out of this engine?

the car is lowered on coilovers, I have fitted DRL and a hid kit, 18in BBS RC alloys and had the car remapped! looks wise I am very pleased but I just think its a sluggish car! I have been to several garages with very little ideas from them, some say hybrid turbo and de-cat plus bigger injectors, and others say not much can be achieved from the car?

I am currently looking to change the brakes also possibly S3 R32 etc but again im looking for some pointers into the right direction.

Thanks in advance!!
  2. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo 6+1 Gears

Before any turbo upgrade you may want to check which cylinder head you have. Most likely you have the first version. If so, a remap is the most you can do to be safe. Anything more and you'll probably start having problems with the head.
    If by chance the head is a B or C revision, you'r lucky and you can try a big turbo, a VNT20 or VNT22.
    About the brakes, you can replace them with the ones from S3 or MK5 R32. There are a lot for sale on ebay and even here on the forum. If you go for more power, you'll need them.
  3. smurfworth

smurfworth Well-Known Member

Depends how mad you want to go and how much money you have. Take a look at darkside developments.
  4. gavlangley88

gavlangley88 New Member

Thanks for the replies, how will I find out which cylinder head I have? I have got about 3k left so I would imagine I could get some more grunt with that amount of cash? I am going to have a look on ebay now to see what I can source!
  5. tdi-man

tdi-man Well-Known Member

my C revision head cracked so some do crack :(

egr valve and egr cooler delete

single flywheel conversion

hybrid turbo

s3 brakes
  6. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo 6+1 Gears

And software!
  7. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo 6+1 Gears

Search the forum for a topic called "how to know if your cylinder head will crack" or something like this and you'll find more about the subject.