1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi A3 8P 06 Installing a Subwoofer Using Standard Concert II

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Ch4ndler, Jun 21, 2012.

1. JJ.Foulds

JJ.Foulds Well-Known Member

[Apr 17, 2014]
    All i did was take the 12v turning ON cable. and LEFT RIGHT and the shared negative for speakers.
    And ran it right to the amp's 12v and RCA's and works perfect!

Both the internal amp and my 2x10's work at same time, and when i disconnect my external theres no extra wiring to rewire the internal to work again!

[​IMG]
    Mr. B likes this.
  2. Mr. B

Mr. B English...not so good

[Apr 18, 2014]
    So no converter is required? The 12v cable is that the one shown in picture 5 In the install guide? What is the left and right? Joined the negatives for the speakers but what did you do with the positives?
  3. JJ.Foulds

JJ.Foulds Well-Known Member

[Apr 18, 2014]
    Positives are wired to an RCA lead, the one with the red and white. i just chopped off one side then wired into the elctric block.
  4. Mr. B

[Apr 18, 2014]
    Thanks mate, this is too confusing, I wish I could understand it. Is your set up the same as Ch4ndler? Also the wiring kit, is a 8 gauge big enough?
  5. lilnizzel

lilnizzel New Member

[May 7, 2014]
    sorry for rasing the dead, i have the non bose system, where in gods name do i connect the remote wire to, this is the only bit im stuck on, also im installing the rns-e this week, is there no converter that gives you rca outs without cutting wires etc? i mean surely someone has made and iso to iso with exta rca cables coming out of it?
  6. inderpuar

inderpuar New Member

[May 28, 2014]
    how did u get the power cable from bonnet to the inside of the car. Can you please show me with pictures. cheers.
  7. Mr. B

[May 28, 2014]
    If you lift or remove the panel that's covering the Strut nuts, these a rubber grommet on the passenger side. Cut it and slip the wire though, you will need to remove the glove box to pull the wire though. There is a guide some where with pics if you search.
  8. lilnizzel

lilnizzel New Member

[May 28, 2014]
    What ever you do, DO NOT TURN THE IGNITION ON when the glove box is disconnected it turns on the air bag warning light on your dash, rookie mistake I made