Audi A3 8P 05 - Factory Fit Xenons - Changing To Bi Xenons?

johal87

Reaction score
Right, so im currently in the process of buying a salvage a3 which has factory fit xenons. Being salvage one of the headlamps is ok, other not so good, bit out of shape and would need changing.

The cost difference between me buying bi xenons and a normal xenon is next to nothing.. But what would I need to make the additional feature work? Is there sensors to operate the left and right movement, or is it based on the steering?

Are the ballasts bulbs etc the same?

Any info would be highly appreciated.

Are you sure which headlights the car currently has? Single or bi-xenon? Which either one it has it will have levellers and washers, if its single xenon then you will still need adapters which will need to be connected to your central electrics if you have the right one for the DRLS and bi-xenon shutter.

Are you sure which headlights the car currently has? Single or bi-xenon? Which either one it has it will have levellers and washers, if its single xenon then you will still need adapters which will need to be connected to your central electrics if you have the right one for the DRLS and bi-xenon shutter.

At the moment the car has single xenon, 110% no bi xenon.

Which adaptors are these and where do they go?

I also have access to VCDS

Kufatec adapters from there website these are around £50, then they need wiring to your central electrics inside your car for the DRLS and xenon shutter but that's if you have the right module. You would need to check this on VCDS and see if you do.If you have then once there connected in then it's a matter of coding job done. Where are you based as I could do this for you??

Thanks for the advise so far, im just outside lichfield west midlands.