1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi A3 8l 2002 heated mirrors retrofit

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by tquattro, Dec 22, 2012.

1. tquattro

tquattro New Member

[Dec 22, 2012]
    Hi,

my car(a 2002 A3 1.8T) didn't had heated mirrors from the factory and from what I read it was just a plug and play job to upgrade to them. I checked to see if the wiring was present in the mirror casings and afterwards I ordered a pair of non-OEM heated glass, but after I installed them they didn't worked. I checked fuse no.1 and it was ok, but there wasn't any voltage coming to the fuse. I tested them in multiple days with outside temperature varying between -5C to +8C. The rear defroster is working. Any ideea what I'm missing? Should there be a relay for heated mirrors? Is an adaptation needed via Vag-Com(maybe for the Auto-AC; ch.46Central Conv. is not available on my car) ?

Thanks!
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. amicallef1991

amicallef1991 Member

[Mar 20, 2013]
    Hi,

Did you ever sort this out? Ive got a 02 a3 1.9tdi se and was wondering how to do it.

Thanks in advance.
  4. Perplexer

Perplexer Member

[Mar 22, 2013]
    I did this a few years ago on my 02 S3. Even though the cabling was present in the housing for heated mirrors and through the door I had to run a cable from the fuse box to each side pillar (if I remember correctly) as that's where the cable ended. I think I used a wiring diagram from Elsawin (?) to confirm the mirror housing wires.