1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi A3 8l 2002 heated mirrors retrofit

tquattro Dec 22, 2012

1. tquattro

tquattro Member

Hi,

my car(a 2002 A3 1.8T) didn't had heated mirrors from the factory and from what I read it was just a plug and play job to upgrade to them. I checked to see if the wiring was present in the mirror casings and afterwards I ordered a pair of non-OEM heated glass, but after I installed them they didn't worked. I checked fuse no.1 and it was ok, but there wasn't any voltage coming to the fuse. I tested them in multiple days with outside temperature varying between -5C to +8C. The rear defroster is working. Any ideea what I'm missing? Should there be a relay for heated mirrors? Is an adaptation needed via Vag-Com(maybe for the Auto-AC; ch.46Central Conv. is not available on my car) ?

Thanks!

2. amicallef1991

amicallef1991 Member

Hi,

Did you ever sort this out? Ive got a 02 a3 1.9tdi se and was wondering how to do it.

Thanks in advance.

3. Perplexer

Perplexer Member

I did this a few years ago on my 02 S3. Even though the cabling was present in the housing for heated mirrors and through the door I had to run a cable from the fuse box to each side pillar (if I remember correctly) as that's where the cable ended. I think I used a wiring diagram from Elsawin (?) to confirm the mirror housing wires.