1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi A3 53 tdi Alarm problems!

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by onekind786, Oct 17, 2013.

1. onekind786

onekind786 New Member

[Oct 17, 2013]
    Hi,

I am having problems with the alarm on my car. The alarm keeps on randomly going off. I first used to just unlock the doors and lock it several times and eventually it used to go off. Only recently after ive locked the doors the alarm keeps on going off constantly and keeps on happening, now when i press the button to lock or unlock it still continues to beep, ive even put the key in the ignition and started it but still beeps with the engine on! there are no warning lights on the dash. It eventually stops when it wants but this has been happening for a few weeks now on and off. I am having an electrician to look at it but wanted to know if anyone can help me solve this as i still have to wait a week and my neigbours are not happy at all:( ?? Also is there a way to disable it?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Oct 17, 2013]
    Welcome to the site.

Does the rear wiper work ok with jet?

Check for any water on the bottom of the bootlid & any brown staining on base of bootlid plastics.
  4. JohnE

JohnE Active Member

[Oct 17, 2013]
    I disabled mine by taking out the fuse (forget which one - one of the ones on the end of the dash), pending me getting hold of a new rear wiper motor. Mine had dumped water into the lock which was causing the spurious alarms. Nigel (above) is right on the money with this as the first thing to check out.
  5. S3_Jacko

S3_Jacko Well-Known Member

[Oct 17, 2013]
    Can easily be cured with wd40 on the contact points...
    onekind786 likes this.
  6. onekind786

onekind786 New Member

[Nov 25, 2013]
    Thanks a lot mate, wd40 done solved it :)