Audi A3 3.2 V6 Quatto.

No but I can't see it being cheap for new discs and pads. The discs are 345mm, I've not been able to find any on the internet. Are the S3 discs the same or smaller?

I've just had a quote for a new front wheel bearing, £150 +VAT. Does that sound reasonable?

Regards

Rob

German Swedish French (GSF)
Price MUST be each , gotta order a pair anyway , so , will find out .

62383BRAKE DISC-VENT 345mm A3 3.2 QUATTRO PR-1LK £45.00

Ok , just ordered front discs and pads from GSF .
Front discs part number 62383 £45 each .
Front pads part number 64345 £45 complete set .
£158inc VAT .

Thats a good price-however, I would go for genuine pads as I found that the ones from gsf create monsterous amounts of brake dust and ****** your wheels up,the genuine pads are only a couple of quid diff" in price, the disc`s are the expensive bit from the stealers.:happy:

Doesn't seem bad does it!!!

You doing them yourself? If so do you fancy taking some photos and do a how to kinda thing???

Might be usefull to people (including myself) on here.

Blimey thats very cheap! Glad you found that supplier.

Regards

Rob

Honestly guys...dont use the non gen pads, get the non gen disc`s and genuine pads, like I said above they are only like £2 more than non gen, and will be much better.
I had the non gen ones in and got so fed up with the amount of crap that came off them I ended up changing them back to gen :icon_thumright:
The disc`s are great value though!!!:salute:

yes will be changing them myself , really easy to do , only need decent spanners .
Going to paint the hideous calipers while i change the discs & pads .

I'm actually gonna take the plunge and have mine remapped - booked in for the 7th April with Vagcheck - I totally understand that gains won't be as astonishing as an FI car, but at £225 for a stage 2 map (with current discount and fully refundable within 7 days if not happy), I'm not gonna grumble and am interested how it will affect the DSG etc...

I know people say an exhaust is a better option, but in my expereince, altering ignition timings/fueling is gonna have a significantly greater affect than simply running the standard map and changing the exhaust - especially as it's not FI, gassess are cooler, less dense etc... Plus £225 vs £500+ is a no brainer....:sly:

Just wondering how you got on with your software upgrade yesterday? Have you had a chance to evaluate the effects yet?

Anybody got a guide on how to do the brakes?

Just wondering how you got on with your software upgrade yesterday? Have you had a chance to evaluate the effects yet?

Yep, got the remap done - super pleased with it - especially the difference it has made at the top end, it's certainly a noticeable increase and I'm totally glad I did it - especially at the special offer price!. I didn't ecpect massive gains like in an FI car, but the difference is certainly noticeable and I'm very pleased I did it. I was concerned that there may be issues with the DSG shifts, but there is nothing of the sort - super smooth all the way. It was a stage 2 remap optimised for running higher octane fuel meaning ignition could be advanced a bit more than usual - final logs on the run showed CFs of no more than 4, so well within the limits. There was the opportuinity to even tweak the mid range a fraction furthera nd add some more advance, but it was getting past 5pm and I had to head off - I was pleased with the map as it was, so didn't bother any more in case we over ****** it and had to do more logs and pull some timing. MAF reading were peak 197g/sec pre map and 207g/sec post remap, although that shouldn't be taken as an indication of increase in power as it's NA and key factor is ignition advance rather than airflow increase (i.e boost increase) - I'm actully surprised that MAF showed such a marked difference.

A big thank you to Morgan for his time and effort yesterday, you and the chap who analyses the logs and tweaks the maps are stars - I'm uber pleased, thank you! :)

There is a TT rolling road day at TOTD on the 19th where Morgan suggested we do a comparison run on this map and the standard one - unfortunately I can't make it!! :( but when I do get a chance to pop up there and Morgan can make it, I'll make sure to post the results).

I was actually at Santa Pod on Sunday, and surprised at how the best time I got was only 14.81 (pre-remap), launch control didn't seem to like the slippy surface (wheel slip when holding brake... albeit gently), car bogged a bit when using LC (3K rpm soft limit on launch not high enough to shift a car weighing 1.5ton....?). Starts were just as good when simply flooring it without holding any revs. Was hoping nearer 14.5s.... no doubt this will now be achievable with the remap and the extra torque will hopefully help with the bogging problem when using LC.

Thanks again to Morgan and all at VAGcheck - best mod you can do (and value for money) to a 3.2 without having to get out the spanners. :arco:

Raf

Sounds good, what sort of power increase have you seen?

Regards

Rob

Don't know as I haven't had it dyno'd. I'd say anything between 10-20bhp is a possibility as I'm running the stage 2 more aggressive timings/high octane set-up with a new BMC panel filter.

Raf

Anyone know the nearest place to Hertford for a remap ?

Hi Raf,

Very nice to meet you on monday, & thank you for your feedback :)

Cheers
Morgan

:icon_thumright:After such a glowing report Im defo considering a stage 1 remap if the price is right

Ok , just ordered front discs and pads from GSF .
Front discs part number 62383 £45 each .
Front pads part number 64345 £45 complete set .
£158inc VAT .

Just to let people know , the front pads quoted ARE WRONG !!!!!!
Nipping to Audi today to get ones that actually fit !!!!!!!!! :banghead:

Discs and pads fitted , also painted the calipers while it was all apart and fitted my new wheels :yahoo:

GULLARDOSDSCF00141.jpg

Looks good, are those 18" wheels? What size did they replace. I'm toying with the idea of 18" but I'm worried about the ride quality.

Rob

yes they are 18" , had RS4 replicas on before also 18"

So how much did it cost you for the new pads and discs in the end? Prety simple job?

Take the calipers off to paint? what you use?

Wheels look nice!!!

Discs were £45 each from GSF
Pads were £65 from Abridge VW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Paint is believe it or not Hammerite £5
Painted them while they were off , took 3 coats .
Wheels are Lamborghini Gullardo replicas , £500 with tyres fitted & balanced and with a new set of wheel bolts from Wheel Emotion in Birmingham

Well I popped up to the Pod over the weekend to do a few runs and see how the re-map had affected the quarter mile performance... pleased to say that from a 14.81 pre-remap I shaved it down to 14.32 after the remap - that's half a second - which I'm super pleased about actully and a bit more than I expected. Great stuff!

Raf

Is the Pipercross panel worth getting?

I agree with all the comments about the 3.2. I bought my 3.2 about 6 months ago ish.

For the money I dont think anything can touch it. The R32 costs more because of the badge. When I was looking for mine the Mk4 R32 was more expensive than the A3 3.2 - its a no brainer that the Audi is the car to go for.

If people say the handling is boring then its time for a suspension upgrade - but I think you have to push the car to notice. I have also read that they are more boring because they change up earlier - I would say use Sport or fully manual then!

I love mine to bits - the only thing I would prefer is a front lip on it - its pre-face lift S-Line - and I dont think the front looks as mean as it could!