Audi A3 3.2 V6 DSG Emission Control System Fault Light

Tuckey92

Reaction score
Hi,

just got back from driving my car and on the way home the emission control system fault light came on, any ideas as to what this could be ?

i've be told it could be a 90% certain its an lambda sensor if so could somebody point me in the right direction and which one i will require ( part number for example or link ) as at the moment there are a few options , such as black or brown

thanks

Nath

Hi,

just got back from driving my car and on the way home the emission control system fault light came on, any ideas as to what this could be ?

i've be told it could be a 90% certain its an lambda sensor if so could somebody point me in the right direction and which one i will require ( part number for example or link ) as at the moment there are a few options , such as black or brown

thanks

Nath
You should scan it to find out if it is before or after the cat on bank one or two the sensor after the cat is for monitoring purposes only
you might find you have codes for both sensors as far as I am aware the ecu only knows the resistance is abnormal it doesn't know what sensor has the blown heater as it only measures the combined resistance.

Last edited:
Get the fault codes read don't guess. Could be something silly or something more serious like stretched timing chains.

Get the fault codes read don't guess. Could be something silly or something more serious like stretched timing chains.

What do I require to read the fault code ? Please Include a link

thanks

Depending on scanning costs you can buy a scanner to check things yourself. I've got the maxscan vag450, cost just over £30 from amazon. It's a great bit of kit for the money.

Depending on scanning costs you can buy a scanner to check things yourself. I've got the maxscan vag450, cost just over £30 from amazon. It's a great bit of kit for the money.

I just purchased vcds / vagcom got this on my laptop is this ideal ?

Thanks

I've got a 1.6 Petrol and I've got error on Bank 1 Lambda Sensor. However, I have never seen the Emissions Light in my car. It's either something else or the Emission Light comes on when it's serious.

The error on my car is:

16555 - Fuel Trim; Bank 1
P0171 - 006 - System Too Lean - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Lambda: 25.0 %
Lambda Factor: 1.008
Voltage: 0.440 V
Speed: 0.0 km/h
Lambda: 25.0 %
Lambda Factor: 1.000
Voltage: 0.440 V
Speed: 0.0 km/h

On a different note though - How much of a difference does Lambda sensor make to fuel efficiency? Is it worth spending £250 on it :S