1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi A3 3.2 v6 2004-5 Timing chain help.

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by TrebleTA, Oct 3, 2012.

1. TrebleTA

TrebleTA Member

I've have had a problem with me motor an from what I can tell its the timing chain tensioner. I have done stuff like this before just not on this engine an want to get it right. am I looking for as much info to do it myself pictures, torque settings, tips what too look for what Not to do.
    I will not be changing the chain as know its quite new, just the last person did not fit right i guess as hence the issule i have.
    Would also be happy drive the car an do there if someone was offering to help. am open too help! times are hard!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Spider

Spider Member

Loads of stuff on the R32 forum

4. -Ju-

-Ju- Well-Known Member
    Audi S3

There are 2 tensioners on the 3.2, one is on the back of the engine and is a simple job to unscrew, the other is much more difficult to get at and will involve a lot of stripping down again.
    Do you know exactly what was replaced? When I had mine stripped down, everything was changed that was connected with the chains including the vvt's and chain guides, never missed a beat after that.

5. TrebleTA

TrebleTA Member

i dont know. I just know it was changed before i got the car, an can see the chain has been touched, also shows its reading as tight, so guess was not done correctly. striping down should not be a problem, just need know what to look for.

Saying loads of info on r32 fourms dont help, i dont have 4-5 hrs to look throu all this. im quite a noob when come to using forums. sorry.

Guess it would be best to start with the easy one. the computer reports says MVB 208/209 checked -1 camshaft on 7.0kw

6. TrebleTA

TrebleTA Member

Any noob help / guild for checking the easyone?

7. Spider

Spider Member

8. RobinA3

RobinA3 Well-Known Member

9. Spider

Spider Member

:D