1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi a3 3.2 Quattro

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by steveaudia3, Jun 3, 2012.

1. steveaudia3

steveaudia3 Member

[Jun 3, 2012]
    I came back from Retford today and as I came off the a1 to an island going round it in the wet it stepped out on me and again as I left the island. Then later as I turned off the 616 through a wet corner it went again like it was on ice . Is this how a a3 is or tyres or something else. The last part of the journey I took it so slow round corners and lost a lot of confidence in it.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. willowsdad

willowsdad Sideways

[Jun 3, 2012]
    Sounds like something wrong there mate, mine handles like its on rails with the Quattro. Unless you're really pushing it in which case you're more likely to get a bit of understeer. I'd check your tyre tread and pressures, and if there's nothing untoward I'd get a garage to look deeper.
  4. steveaudia3

steveaudia3 Member

[Jun 3, 2012]
    thanks , will have a look at tread tomorrow, pressures are ok as i checked them the other day, had it out in the rain before but this time it seemed different.