Audi A3 2L TDI 2010 - Electric Folding Mirrors MOD

Chris Coates

Reaction score
Hi all,
Can someone please help me with the following mod "Audi A3 2L TDI 2010 - Electric Folding Mirrors MOD"

wanted to know what i need to make this happen and what codeing also, and what parts i can keep from my current mirrors,

would love to be able to fold my mirrors in when i get to work as people walk between the cars and knock them.

I'm pretty sure there is a masssssiiivvveeee thread on this very subject as I remember reading it.

Do a search!

I can supply a set of folding mirrors, with auto dimming glass as well, complete set with covers & led's & these will ship fine :p

I can supply a set of folding mirrors, with auto dimming glass as well, complete set with covers & led's & these will ship fine :p

What's the price on those? Are they a straight swap or is there more to it? Thanks

You would need the folding mirror bases, and then compatible door modules that allow folding, also the folding mirror switch. The 2010 cars sometimes already have the correct door modules so you may be lucky there.
if you get the same year mirror base as the one on your car now you can reuse your mirror glass and the coloured mirror cap/cover

thanks guys, id love to be able to reuse my mirror caps and glass to keep costs down,
so how do i find out if i need module or not? and can someone pm me how much the 2 bases and switch will cost please, and modules if i need the,
thank's everyone:)

Bases from audi are around the £350 mark and the switch is around £25.
best way to find out what module you have is to scan the car with VCDS and see what part number you have on the driver and passenger side door modules. the module will be something like 9P0 959 801 for drivers side and 802 for passenger but it will have a letter on the end...
on a 2010 car i think its the module ending in P or Q that support the folding. I know on a K rev it shows the coding for it but it doesnt actually support it.

thanks guys, id love to be able to reuse my mirror caps and glass to keep costs down,
so how do i find out if i need module or not? and can someone pm me how much the 2 bases and switch will cost please, and modules if i need the,
thank's everyone:)

PM'd.

WindowsHey guys i got this from my Audi mate when he ran my VIN thru ETKA.
dose this clear up if i need a the modules or not?

Guys mine door module is Q on end. Manufactured 2011. Will electric folding mirrors work with my current module??

No, Q will not work.

However I can supply compatible modules.

Hey guys i got this from my Audi mate when he ran my VIN thru ETKA.
dose this clear up if i need a the modules or not?

Not really, as etka will show only the latest version that would be fitted should you have a faulty one, so your current one maybe basic level.

As advised you need to scan the module 1st.

Hi i hope that works and makes things clear if i need new modules or not.

Also thanks heaps for every ones help!!!

best way to find out what module you have is to scan the car with VCDS and see what part number you have on the driver and passenger side door modules. the module will be something like 9P0 959 801 for drivers side and 802 for passenger but it will have a letter on the end...
on a 2010 car i think its the module ending in P or Q that support the folding. I know on a K rev it shows the coding for it but it doesnt actually support it.
Hi @
hi @Ash187, sorry to revive this old thread but are these details still current? I have 2010 S3 8p and am looking into folding mirror conversion. As always though working to a budget

You need a J or M.

P is for 2011/12 cars as the drivers door tow/interior sensor buttons became 1, so no good for you unless you update the button too.

Reactions: Ash187
You need a J or M.

P is for 2011/12 cars as the drivers door tow/interior sensor buttons became 1, so no good for you unless you update the button too.

Hmmm thanks for that will need to ask my regular VAG garage, pretty sure they’ll have needed VCDS kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine has folding mirrors already is there any way of getting them to fold when u lock the car or not..

Hold down the lock key on your key fob!

This doesn't normally work but depending on settings, holding down the lock key will close the windows or similar.

The 8P mirrors don't fold/unfold on lock/unlock unfortunately - I'd be keen on this myself.

This doesn't normally work but depending on settings, holding down the lock key will close the windows or similar.

The 8P mirrors don't fold/unfold on lock/unlock unfortunately - I'd be keen on this myself.

Well that's a ******...... worked on my Mk2 Leon FR so am surprised it doesn't work on the Audi's, mine doesn't have folding mirrors unfortunately.

Reactions: samuelh_888