1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi A3 2012 Black Edition 1.8 TFSI Mods

sakhtolo Jun 15, 2014

1. sakhtolo

sakhtolo New Member

Hi All,

Just changed from BMW to Audi and bought myself an A3 Black Edition. I've got the 1.8 petrol tfsi 160bhp model and I have to say it's not as nippy as i expected.

I'm also disappointed with the lack of standard interior gadgets it comes with. I looked around for a couple of weeks and this was the most equipped in my price range. It comes with the storage pack, electric folding mirrors and symphony radio - no auto lights/wipers, interior dimming mirror, auto stop start and a list of others that my BMW had as standard in the M Sport model.

Anyways.. I am thinking of getting the following done - any thoughts and additional suggestions would be appreciated:

- Upgrade Symphony radio to rns-e (Is this worth it and where is the best place to buy and get fitted?)

- Change side s-line badges to some black ones I've seen on eBay.

- Adding black s-line badge to front grill

- mapping the engine? (Is this worth it with the 1.8 petrol engine?)

- Getting the side mirrors to auto close with unlock/lock rather then interior knob (I've read that hazzydayz in Watford can do this for £60? Can anyone confirm this?)

Here is a pic of what it currently looks like:

Audi_Driver2.jpg

Sorry about the length of post!

2. JJ.Foulds

JJ.Foulds Well-Known Member

nope, not that nippy, kinda a heavy car lol.

And everything you said is worth it, 160-200bhp ish with a map. Well worth it, just search for remappers on this forum and you cant go wrong.

The radio can be done by a guy on here, 'nhn' hes your retrofit guy.

3. AK47UK

AK47UK Active Member

A remap will transform the car, bluefin add about 50bhp, other maps do too.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
  4. sakhtolo

sakhtolo New Member

Thanks I'll PM 'nhn' and get a price.

5. sakhtolo

sakhtolo New Member

I've just had a read about bluefin and apparently this map will increase the bhp to 200bhp? That sounds very cool!

How has this affected your insurance and fuel consumption??

6. AK47UK

AK47UK Active Member

Puts it to 200-210. If you want to put your toe down you will pay for it in fuel but if you want to drive about normally you can get 35-40 mpg petty easily. Depends on your insurance firm, best call to ask.

7. sakhtolo

sakhtolo New Member

Sounds good thanks..I'll see what my insurance says...

8. sakhtolo

sakhtolo New Member

9. AK47UK

AK47UK Active Member

My advice is to buy genuine, I bought third party badges from ebay and in a week it had tainted. Then bought a genuine front grill badge and it has been perfect.

10. sakhtolo

sakhtolo New Member

Audi wouldn't sell genuine black s-line badges or a front grill badge for the A3 would they?

11. AK47UK

AK47UK Active Member

I doubt it but perhaps you can get a customised genuine badge. My grill badge was chromed which tainted, the genuine one isn't chrome, it is kind of textured.

12. Hanelicha

Hanelicha Audi A3 Sportsback 1.8TFSI 2010

for interest sake i have a 1.8tfsi a3 sportback with 76mm downpipe, GFB DV, and revo stage 3 file and i am doing 165 wheel kw and 380nm on 95ron pump gas. as very smooth power delivery