1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi A3 2.0TDi Black Edition

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by johnlad, Jul 28, 2013.

1. johnlad

johnlad New Member

Hi all,

I'm in the process of buying a new car, and trading my Corsa VXR in as relocation for work makes driving it impossible. I like the look of the black edition audi's and have found a fair few in white. I'm just wondering if there is anything i should look out for or any common problems.

I have read the FAQ's but wasnt much about the diesel black editions.

I'm looking at 2010 onwards with the £30 road tax. Should i stay clear of high mileage ones?

Thanks
    John
  2. MrLapou

MrLapou Active Member

Well JohnLad, do a search on this forum where your question has been answered many times...
  3. NHN

NHN Modmetractor Site Sponsor

Welcome to the site.

High milers would be best bought from an audi dealer with longer warranty, although I don't recall any serious issues with newer ones.

DPF's get blocked if only short runs everywhere, but that's normal & can be removed if need be or just drive it spirited one day a week :)

If the car you buy is missing any factory technology, give us a shout as we supply/fit oem equipment :)
  4. Riichard

Riichard Member

I have a 10 plate 2.0 TDi (not a black edition though) and mine has done 70k already. I've got an extended warranty on it but still have had absolutely no issues with it at all.
  5. johnlad

johnlad New Member

Thanks for the answers guys. I went to view one on Saturday but he wanted too much ( well more than what I wanted to pay ). I am viewing another one tonight so will see what that is. Should i be wary of buying say one with 60k on a 10plate. I realise with it being a diesel, 60k isn't alot is it? When is the main service or costly repairs come into play? Cambelt etc?
  6. Riichard

Riichard Member

You're right, 60k is nothing for a diesel.
    Just make sure you do the necessary checks on parts that can wear out with mileage like tyres and brakes etc.
    I looked into this as well - I'm sure the cambelt isn't due for replacement until around 100k.

Check the service history and timing as well - full Audi service history is a big bonus and you should expect nothing less.