Audi A3 2.0TDI BKD Sportback - Shaking at Idle

simmo192

2.0TDI BKD 140BHP
Reaction score
Hi All,

I realise that this has probably been covered many times before so apologies but I really need some help please!

My car is the 140bhp 2.0TDI BKD engine which generally runs well with plenty of power and starts no problems. However I have the following issues:-

1) When the car is at tickover it shakes like there is a misfire, this is particularly bad whilst coasting up to a halt especially when cold but is there all the time. As soon as you touch the throttle to raise the revs above tickover the shake stops.

2) When I first start the engine when hot or cold but especially when cold I get a puff of blue / white smoke which quickly clears and has a diesel smell.

3) Hissing on acceleration (possible boost leak?).

The car recently had a cambelt change but was like this even before the change. Could this be a fuel pump / injector timing issue?

Is there anywhere in Gloucestershire that would have the expertise to diagnose these issues? Unfortunately I do not have the necessary tools to sort the issues. I do have an old version of Vag Com but it's shareware only and pretty useless really!!

Any help gratefully received!