Audi A3 2.0tdi Bad Start

GertBowker

Reaction score
Hi Guys

New to the forum, I have also been reading many posts on this site seeing its the first result when googling my issues on the 2007 A3 2.0tdi

I need some assistance, please. The car started behaving strangely in the morning or when cold while trying to start it, it usually started the first time around all year. It takes between 4-6 attempts to start it in the morning with some rumbling but shortly goes back to normal idling. I live in SA and the winters are nowhere near sub zero temps

What I have done this far.

1. Battery test result is 100%
2. The garage replaced the Injector seals.
3. The tandem pump was replaced (The identified metal shavings in the fuel system or so they claim)
3. Glow Plugs was replaced

I got the car back and was told to drive it for a week it should get better and I have to then bring it back so that they can replace the filters again. I took the car back two days later seeing that the slow start issue still persist.

Two weeks later still no luck. I was then told they replaced a pipe and the fuel tank they suspected it was leaking or breathing air and now the fuel gauge is not working :(

I got the car back today and was told that Audi needs to open the engine as they cannot identify the poor starting problem.

I have removed the egr valve to see if the "valve" on the inside is not stuck but it does move with little force.

I am still not sure how to fix the fuel gauge and obviously the starting issue.

The car, however, has only got 142k km's but drives normally in traffic and on the open road.

Any help or advice appreciated

Thanks

Hey Guys

After a very long nearly two years, I managed to find time to update the post, and the problem all along was the fuel pump in the tank, I replaced the complete unit and the vehicle now start as it should,

Thanks