1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AUDI A3 2.0TDI 140 nice example, but needs...

Discussion in 'For Sale/Wanted - Audi Cars' started by jbaudi, Sep 17, 2012.

1. jbaudi

jbaudi Member

I am selling my Audi A3 2005 DSG (paddle shift) 2.0 TDI 140bhp.

The car is a lovely looking example and is very tidy for a 2005!

The colour is a more rare garnet red, with smoke grey wheels.. not just yet another white,black or silver one!!!

It's covered 98k miles and is mechanically very sound, with one exception... Ever since I bought it around 6 months ago, limp mode on the DSG box occasionally kicks in. I've taken it to Audi a few times who have come back with a fault in the mechantronic unit. Most of the time the car runs as normal and both paddles and auto modes work fine. When the limp mode does kick in, you just have to turn off the ignition and back on and it's fine again.

I could have been dis honest and sold without mentioning this, but I'm not that kind of person! Instead I will be admitting defeat and selling for a much lower price than I payed 6 months ago :'(

I'm sure the right kind of person with good mechanical knowledge can fix or replace the problem part, but I don't have time to investigate.

The car has plenty of tax and MOT left and also some subtle, tastful mods such as:

- 18" 'phat five' alloys from an audi a8 with 225/40/18 recently new tires
    - 2011 genuine rear lights
    - s3 style front grill in black
    - ipod connection and holder

Normally I would have been advertising this for at least 6k, but due to the above mentioned issue, I am forced to sell for around 4200

Thanks for looking, better quality pics to follow at some point over the next few days.

Jonathan
  2. jbaudi

jbaudi Member

some more pictures (colours are a bit yellowy cause of my **** camera!):[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]thanks