Audi A3 2.0FSI Sportback

sainte986

Vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I currently own a 1999 VW Golf GTI AGU 150bhp, which is std apart from xenons that have been retrofitted.

I have been looking to replace the golf as its hit 105000miles with something similar powerful. There is nothing up with the golf, as its looked after me very well. But with my job to be finished I am looking to go for something lower mileage and prefer a bit better on fuel than mine is.

Basically, I saw this on saturday on the way to lunch with the mrs. Seemed very nice, low mileage, nice color, shame it is offered up at £10k. It has the same amount of power as mine, just without the turbo, plus that extra gear for cruising.

Which is the better to go for the 2.0fsi or the 2.0tfsi, as I can only see apart from the turbo and 50bhp more. they are on par with eachother fuel wise. I am not interested in a diesel. I didnt drive it so im not sure if it feels the same pull as my car does.

We had this motor in an A3 in 2003 after a Golf Gti Turbo.. It seemed decidely lack lustre, after 18moths we changed to the 2.0TFsi Quattro.. 200bhp... a far better replacement for the Golf Gti 150 I reckon. Make sure you go for QUATTRO they are a hoot...

I think you will notice less performance as it is a heavier vehicle. Not sure how that price is for the age/miles. I paid £8000 of my 53 plate 3 door 2.0FSi sport with 20,000 miles on it last June. It has full leather & DIS. It was the pre-facelift model.

£210 for road tax is surely wrong, mine is £170.

Best bet is taking both the N/A and the turbo out for a spin and see what you think. The turbo engine can also be chippped..