Audi A3 2.0 TFSI Cabrio Exhaust Search

testpilot4321

Reaction score
I have very recently bought a beautiful 2009 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI Cabriolet and I have to say I have instantly fallen for its looks, drive and power so this one is going to be a keeper for quite some time.

I am planning on a few upgrades including sat nav, graphite S3 twin spoke alloys, remote roof and a remap done by Celtic Tuning via Turbo Dynamics who are very local to me and who have always looked after my Turbos.

Having been out with a friend today for a play we both agreed that the exhaust has no sportiness at all to the sound, it's just smooth and quiet which needs to be changed, I am however struggling to find a bolt on back box for my car other than from Fox Exhausts who I've never heard of and can't find any reviews on.

I'm not looking for anything too loud, I just want a sporty rasp to enhance my smile :)

Any advice is very welcome.

Thanks

Attachments

• A3 Cabriolet.jpg
    A3 Cabriolet.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 201
I have the BCS downpipe and sports cat on my 2011 TSI Cabrio - it's not quite a full transformation but gives enough rasp and throatiness to be noticeable. There will be a little more vibration in the cabin but still more or less OEM sound when idle. The full BCS Powervalve (the best exhaust around) has not been tested on the Cabrio - they just haven't had model to check the fitting. Essentially the Cabrio has more underbody strengthening than the tin tops - extra cross member bracing which may interfere with the fitting. I don't know about Miltek or APR exhausts.

I have the BCS downpipe and sports cat on my 2011 TSI Cabrio - it's not quite a full transformation but gives enough rasp and throatiness to be noticeable. There will be a little more vibration in the cabin but still more or less OEM sound when idle. The full BCS Powervalve (the best exhaust around) has not been tested on the Cabrio - they just haven't had model to check the fitting. Essentially the Cabrio has more underbody strengthening than the tin tops - extra cross member bracing which may interfere with the fitting. I don't know about Miltek or APR exhausts.

Not come across BCS, where did you get that from? Sounds just like what I'm looking for.

Search the forum as there are loads of posts (none related to the Cab tho) and seek out @nigebcs who you can contact via the forum.

Powervalve.co.uk

Reactions: Sandra
@BCS Nige is site sponsor on here. Drop him a message

Reactions: downtothebone
Search the forum as there are loads of posts (none related to the Cab tho) and seek out @nigebcs who you can contact via the forum.

Powervalve.co.uk

The problem is it's a different exhaust for the cabriolet and not many people on here have commented on the exhaust for these. I have now messaged Nige now though, thanks for that :)

The problem is it's a different exhaust for the cabriolet and not many people on here have commented on the exhaust for these. I have now messaged Nige now though, thanks for that :)

Well that's because most people on this board don't own the Cabrio ... It's not the go to model for most in the A3/S3 range ...

Last time I spoke to Nigel he needed to see the car at their Liverpool premises to see if their stock product would fit and if not then they'd have to build a custom unit.

Agreed I prefer the shape to the identikit hatchback in the rest of the range - if only there had been a coupe in the 8p version ...

The remap is great - I'm on stage 2 but in the Cabrio it's the suspension that's really poor - it wallows like a boat (and I'm on the SLine). Sort that out and you'll be amazed at the handling.

I have noticed it's not the best suspension but not pushed it too much yet, will look at sorting that out after Christmas.

Love the intake set up, I will definitely look into that once my remap has been done :)

It's an APR Carbonio for the 2.0 TSI CCnn engine code - your eBay link is to a similar design to the S3 version of the Carbonio which uses the stock piping and panel filter. That version isn't very good. You can look at goapr.co.uk for Carbonio filters - they are pricey. Alternatively look at Neuspeed, Revo or VWRacing. The former two are open filters whilst the later is closed like the Carbonio.
You could also look at awesomegti.com

Reactions: testpilot4321