1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi A3 2.0 TDI - Glow plug warning light flashing....

Discussion in 'The Welcome Section' started by Julian1968, May 20, 2012.

1. Julian1968

Julian1968 New Member

Hi
    The Amber Glow plug warning light is flashing on my on my Audi A3 2.0 TDI. It is also very difficult to start when the car is warm but starts ok when cold. It has been plugged into a portable diagnostic reader which as indicated fault code PO 727 !! Can anyone please help with this?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR
    Staff Member Moderator TeamMisano Gold Supporter quattro Audi S3

Hi Julan, welcome to ASN. What year is your car? When i know wat year your car is i will direct you to get advise. Any pics. Enjoy the forum. :) x

4. xs2man

xs2man Member

Do you have the engine code? My A3 2.0TDI was a BKD. My car was getting very difficult to start, so I changed the glow plugs on it and it worked fine after that. Not that expensive (about £15 per plug IIRC), and not a difficult job either.

I am not at all mechanically gifted, but still managed. The most worrying part was opening up the engine to reveal the plugs, scary moment for me. But if you car work a spanner, you can do it easily.

Engine code / year of manufacture will help for those who can diagnose the fault code though...