1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi A3 2.0 TDI DSG - sometimes very sliuggish

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by fromthisdrive, Dec 24, 2013.

  1. fromthisdrive
    Offline

    fromthisdrive New Member

    Joined:
    Dec 24, 2013
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi, first of all I'm new here, so hello! I used to drive Golf GTIs, but for the past few years I've been stuck in a boring company car, now I have moved jobs and picked up an Audi.

    I bought a 2006 Audi A3 TDI 2.0 S-Line with the DSG on 78,000 miles. It seemed a good deal at the time, it had a brand new turbo fitted, and the cambelt had just been done, body and everything are in perfect condition.


    Unfortunately, I had to take it back to the garage because the engine warning light came on the week after I bought it, and there was a squealing belt sound. They had the car for four days, and said they had fixed the squealing sound, this was apparently the EGR pipe that goes to the turbo which they replaced, and the engine warning light was fixed by replacing a wiring loom, and that the fault code was something to do with the glow plugs. Anyways, the light has come back on again, and the garage don't want to know anymore.


    The car drives fine 20% of the time, but the other 80% seems very sluggish unless you really boot it and drop a few gears. There doesn't seem to be any power until you get near to 4000rpm, and when it does get going there is sometimes a bit of black smoke. (Also, I think it sounds like the exhaust is starting to blow [​IMG])

    Any ideas as to what may be causing this? I find it strange that sometimes the power is all there, others its not...

    I think I might take it down to a local VW Audi specialist, but I would like to have an idea of what it might be before I go!

    Thanks in advance for any advice!
    #1
  2. Sandra
    Online

    Sandra MODERATOR Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2010
    Messages:
    15,982
    Likes Received:
    2,312
    Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. Enjoy the forum. :) x
    #2
  3. fromthisdrive
    Offline

    fromthisdrive New Member

    Joined:
    Dec 24, 2013
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Noone? Bump.
    #3
  4. Adam_A3_
    Offline

    Adam_A3_ Member

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2013
    Messages:
    172
    Likes Received:
    17
    Mine was sluggish also.

    Had the glow plug wiring loom fault but once cleared it went. Get your egr cleaned. Car serviced ane the dag oil done. Mine drove like a dream after this.
    #4
  5. Adam_A3_
    Offline

    Adam_A3_ Member

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2013
    Messages:
    172
    Likes Received:
    17
    DSG OIL.
    #5

Share This Page