1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi a3 2.0 tdi 2004, do i have heated wing mirrors or not?

chrisy t Mar 27, 2011

1. chrisy t

chrisy t Member

Hi guys, how do i know if my a3 has heated wing mirrors? is there a switch somewere to turn them on? if theyarent heated can i just buy the glass inserts off ebay to mak them heated or do i have to buy a whole new set of wing mirrors?

Cheers

Chrisy t

2. FranA3

FranA3 events moderator Regional Rep Gold Supporter Audi A3 Team Brill Red

there should be a symbol on your mirror adjustment in the middle of the left and right i thought that all a3's a
    had heated mirrors bud

3. sub39h

sub39h Active Member

yeah i thought all A3s have heated wing mirrors. where you adjust your wing mirrors at the 12 o'clock position there should be a little heater symbol. turn the dial to that position and the heaters come on when you activate your rear windshield heater

4. chrisy t

chrisy t Member

the symbol that ive got in the 12 o clock position is an "I" dont know what that means!

5. sub39h

sub39h Active Member

owner's manual?

6. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Or look behind glass to see if it has the 2 wires connected for heated, another option is to turn on rear demister, but this usually works inconjunction with external air temperature, so may not work until temps drop.

7. jb0o

jb0o North East Forum Moderator Regional Rep Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Mines a Sport MY04 and doesnt have heated mirrors. I thought they came as standard but obviously not..

8. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Probably got wires there, so can plug them in & check door module coding.

9. FranA3

FranA3 events moderator Regional Rep Gold Supporter Audi A3 Team Brill Red

this is what mine looks like mines a 2004 (54) , i thought that all were like that but obviously not eh

[​IMG]