1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi A3 1998 s reg intermittent power on accelerating.

Carlito's way Aug 11, 2012

1. Carlito's way

Carlito's way New Member

Hi guys,
    I've had major problems recently with my A3. I have had two gearboxes over four years. Idle problems which was corrected by changing the throttle body as sensor had gone. Not before I bought a new Air Mass Meter and new o2 sensor.

Anyway I'm now having issues when driving on the motorway and afterwards even more so.

Once I slowed down and the engine is warm it can feel like only half the engine is working. I mean there power comes on then goes off for a few seconds , an sometimes stay off longer than there is full power.

It also happens alot more in 2nd 3rd and 4th.

Also when sat idle for a good while 5 min it seems to smoke alot when revved

I've had a few mechanics look at it they don't seem to know what's wrong with it.

I'm at the end to be honest I want to keep the car as I've spent alot of money on it an its in good condition. But might get rid now if I can't get a conclusion.

Can anyone help or point me in a good direction to what might be wrong??

Thanks in advance

2. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

3. Carlito's way

Carlito's way New Member

Do mean engine code or mea size

If so 1.6 and AKL

4. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

last time i saw this it was a cracked head same symtoms and same parts replaced