Audi A3 170 TDi Build Thread

theo289

Reaction score
I thought it would be about time to put one of these up!

Bought my Audi A3 Sportback 170 TDi last year and have loved it ever since. Few issues down the line but nothing which local mechanics and Audi couldn't fix!

Since i have had the car it has so far had:
  • custom remap to 200BHP and just over 320 torque
  • carbonio cold air intake
  • 18" RS6 styled alloys + goodyear performance and efficiency tyres
  • 35mm drop on H&R Springs
  • DPF delete

Here is a picture of the car standard:
Photo

Carbonio CAI:

IMG 1178

The Audi at GTI Inters '13:

DSC 1615

The Audi sitting on 18's:

Photo

More images to follow tomorrow :)

Okay so below is the picture of her before and after the H&R 35mm springs

Before:
Photo

After the springs:

Audi a3 washed and stance

Next up - RNS-E & Rear LED lights

just so everyone knows, this is what i had prior to my Audi:

474026 10151507558725114 1660747422 o

Notice the pattern ;) :

522718 10151550780415114 2047341521 n

Having to say goodbye to the wheel as unfortuntely it is causing excessive rubbing when i'm cornering, having people in the back or just general city driving. Will be replacing them with either some neater speedlines or maybe BBS.

More pictures to come!

Current state of the wheels and rubbing:

View attachment 19660

View attachment 19661

do you reckon its safer with the H&R 25mm drop? or was it just wheel size incompat?

well ive taken my 18s off today and found out they are ET35 which would explain the rubbing! what ET are yours?

i'm currently on a 35mm drop and the ride is absolutely fine, a little harsh around town (but you would expect that). a nice noticeable but yet subtle drop on the car not making it look dramatically dropped. Would say the 35mm are just about right :)

I havent bought on yet lol, the one I am looking at has the standard 18's for the s-line but i was going get H&R springs straight away and swap out the alloys so wanted to check wheel sizes first. was sticking with 18's but will watch the ET size.

So, how many times did I tell you it was your offset causing it to rub like a female dog?!

So, how many times did I tell you it was your offset causing it to rub like a female dog?!

HA! you were right! its all good now - sold the alloys on ebay so speedlines with the correct ET are coming :)

Oh right I see! I'm abit optimistic about the sound lol I love the sound of a petrol turbo cold air feed... does it sound the same ? Lol if that's not a silly sounding question lol

Oh right I see! I'm abit optimistic about the sound lol I love the sound of a petrol turbo cold air feed... does it sound the same ? Lol if that's not a silly sounding question lol

perfectly normal question to ask i would say - obviously diesels whine a bit more (in my personal opinion). the CAI on the A3 diesel was nice, had a good whine coming off boost and you could certainly hear it sucking in the cold air when you booted it :) recommend a CAI but not the Carbonio

Ok fair enough does it effect the mpg much because I know a cold air feed on a petrol turbo dramatically plummets the fuel consumption :( and is a direct fit ? No hoses required for either system?