1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi A3 1.9 TDI 105BHP - Remap?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by reishill, Jan 9, 2014.

1. reishill

reishill New Member

[Jan 9, 2014]
    Hi guys, I'm thinking of remapping my car this is purely for MPG purposes as I do 100 miles a day, all motorway miles.
    Spend on average £350 a month on diesel so I'm looking at ways I can reduce the cost.

Do you think a remap would be worth it? and if so why?

If not, why not?

Thanks ^_^
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 22, 2014]

3. J8TT X

J8TT X Member

[Jan 9, 2014]
    loads of info on here about remapping pros and cons.
    do a search and im sure you will find what's relevant to your situation.
  4. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Jan 9, 2014]
    £4200 of fuel a year isn't nice, I could easily spend £80 a day, but remap would add a bit of power & I suspect the mpg wont make a vast difference as you'd be enjoying the slight power increase aswell which would use more fuel anyway, so you have to decide if it would achieve anything or not.

Maybe consider a smaller newer engine car with allot better mpg, but again it would need to be allot more economical to make the £4200 a year go down vastly & thus the cost of the car would probably be high.

Talk to a tuner on here & see what the numbers tell you realistically, what's your area?
  5. reishill

reishill New Member

[Jan 13, 2014]
    Sorry for the late reply.
    I live in Birmingham, I've been speaking to one of my friends and they have suggested a terraclean? Basically cleaning out your crease, increasing/ restoring its performance and in result increasing the MPG too. I have looked at a newer car option and I just can't afford to make the move, that and I don't want to be driving a bubble around, I know thats up to me and thats something I'm accepting, although my car does 50/55 MPG average anyway ont he motorway ( according to the trip computer anyway ).

I put around 55/60 in the tank a week and that gives me around 450/500 miles which isn't bad? Bouns it's a nice/ comfortable and when it needs to be a bit of a fast car? I'm 21, got to have some fun!
  6. J8TT X

J8TT X Member

[Jan 13, 2014]
    R-Tech are in Hinckley, not too far from you.

Would highly recommend them, they know their stuff.
  7. reishill

reishill New Member

[Jan 13, 2014]
    That's great, I'm calling the guy later to discuss the advantages/ disadvantages and see if theres much point me doing one, but thank you for your opinion! Looks promising
  8. D87

D87 New Member

[Jan 13, 2014]
    Let us know how you get on mate, just purchased an A3 today and already considering a remap. Doing a good few miles as well so be good to see what they say.
  9. reishill

reishill New Member

[Jan 13, 2014]
    Think im looking more towards terraclean as my car insurance is ridic with my diesel costs per month - If I remap my insurance will go up a couple of hundred.

Sorry!
  10. dannyh1991uk

dannyh1991uk Member

[Jan 13, 2014]
    How much does this terraclean cost?
  11. reishill

reishill New Member

[Jan 13, 2014]

The guy rang me back earlier quite informative although he cant guarantee MPG improvements there doesnt seem to be any disadvantage of having it done. He said some people have even known to have a +7 MPG improvement,

Considering mines a Diesel 1.9 turbo with 95k on the clock I think it could do with some cleaning and notice a decent difference.
    He mentioned that the cars tick over is less and quieter engine too with more response from the throttle is also normal.

Terraclean he quoted me £85. Considering it as look after my car too. Any more questions let me know see what i can do
    Think ill be going through with it in Feb.
  12. reishill

reishill New Member

[Jan 13, 2014]
    Just to mention, supermarket fuels make a difference too, however due to the cost of V-Power from shell, I fill up every fourth time with V-Power just to clean any build ups it may cause.