Audi A3 1.8TQ, 2000 model, ABS light comes on once in a while..ideas?

boerge

Reaction score
Hello,

ABS light comes on after driving for a while. A guy with a code reader said it was intermittent error on the unit sensing motion change or something. I believe this is located on the ABS pump on drivers side, in engine bay. Am I right so far?
WHat can I do with it in order to repair?

Regards

Boerge

Ok, thanks for info, I'll check that. Sorry for this Q, but do you mean fuse holder in engine bay or under steering column? Regards B.O

Ok, checked the fuse holder (Left side of dashboard, behind cover), but it seems to me that the cabling goes straight into the fuse holder. No plugs that I could see there.
I also tried to look (In the engine bay) for the ABS pump and the related electronics module, couldn't find that, although it was quite dark..
Can anyone explain to me where the ABS pump and associated module can be found. This is a LHD car.

Replace the 3 x 30 amp fuses on top of the battery - they are forever causing ABS lights for no reason and don't even have to be gone to do so...

Replace the 3 x 30 amp fuses on top of the battery - they are forever causing ABS lights for no reason and don't even have to be gone to do so...

Gonna give this ago then as I sometimes have my light come on