Audi A3 1.8T turbo psi

baz79

Reaction score
hi i have a audi a3 1.8t and i belive it has a Ko3 turbo? if so what psi does it run at? and how do you increase it?

also when you get "waste gate chatter" as its called is that not just the air going back through the turbo against the spinning blades of the fan?

Dude wrong section the 8l section where you posted pics of your car is what you need (obviously not the picture thread though).

But if it's an a3 1.8t not an s3 it will have a k03 turbo, I'm not sure what the standard boost is but a remap is the best way to get more power. The noise your describing could be the turbo stalling which isn't good. Loads of info in the 8L section though

Ps give the search a go before posting a new thread in the 8L bit I'm sure it will have been covered before.

also when you get "waste gate chatter" as its called is that not just the air going back through the turbo against the spinning blades of the fan?

Yes it is. There is no such thing as wastegate chatter. Mongs and motoring journo's are to blame for that nugget. You're A3 shouldn't do it as it's a MAF based system so it will balls the fueling and the KKK K03 and K03s turbo's are not especially robust.

iirc they run at about 7psi from the factory. Increasing boost needs to be done with a remap or chip. There are other methods but they are at best very iffy and will more likely than not end in something expensive melting