Audi A3 1.8t trouble

MikeCrum1996

Reaction score
Hey I'm new here so bare with me,
Basically I brought an Audi A3 1.8t remapped about a month ago, it has been remapped so currently running 200bhp and 270nm of torque so the remap says.. so two weeks after buying the car the timing belt hydraulic tensioner failed and broke a few valves so I had them replaced at a cost of £2000 inc new timing kit etc.

So my problem is ever since I've had the car returned it has a horrible boost leak which it didn't have before also the mpg has dropped considerably getting 25mpg when before I had 36mpg.. also the engine light is on And flashed today for the first time ive looked at a lot of the hoses/ clamps make sure nothing is loose.

I have no idea what to do, don't know what else to look at..
Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Audi A3 1.8t 8L

Need to scan for fault codes dude...

Also try and get a smoke test to see where any leaks are

<tuffty/>

£2000 ouch! wouldnt it have been cheaper to replace the car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

£2000 ouch! wouldnt it have been cheaper to replace the car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I would of but the cars clean as f**k low miles too! So I thought I'd go for it, but now this has happened

Reactions: Jonnyboy82
Need to scan for fault codes dude...

Also try and get a smoke test to see where any leaks are

<tuffty/>
I can hear it get to about 4K rpm sounds like a big blowing, power cuts off like 5k just makes noise no power

Look under the inlet manifold =]

It will be a split hose or a hose popped off if just had some work done

Also I forgot to mention in the post that it struggles to start every time, it always starts but takes so long sometimes

The obvious answer is to take it back to the garage that did the work?

<tuffty/>

Reactions: SHUk
The obvious answer is to take it back to the garage that did the work?

<tuffty/>
I wasn't a garage it was a mobile mechanic, I've already spoke to him but he's like 70miles away.. all he says is at least it's running but I have check engine light, boost leak, struggling to start..

How much stuff is needed tomb eagle removed for a head removal job?