Audi A3 1.8T 1998 AGU Build !!!

Bought a few more goodies this week as i thought it was about time to get round and finish all the poly bushes off :rock: .

IMG_2215_zps56d03468.jpg.html
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:
The following day thought i would take a few pictures of the car in the light. Now i just need to re spray the wheels again , fit nice new shiny Discs and Pads all round , fit the S3 Spoiler and re paint the R32 Calipers then that the bodywork side of things done.

Nice and shiny paint work again :

Really nice mirror finish that you can see in the light on the roof and the door :

Looking good mate was not a fan of the green but looks really good after the respray keep up the good work :respekt:

Looking good mate was not a fan of the green but looks really good after the respray keep up the good work :respekt:

Cheers mate i was never a fan of the green either i was going to have it re sprayed white but having it re sprayed in the same colour was the cheaper option :o.k:

Few new little goodies for the audi Some Nano Drive Engine Oil , Nano Drive Gearbox Oil , Febi Power Steering Fluid and a K&N Oil Filter.

Nano Drive Engine Oil 5 Litres £60

Nano Drive Gearbox Oil 2 Litres £30

Febi Power Steering Fluid 1 Litre £10

K&N Oil Filter £10

Finally got round to buying another Dump Valve been meaning to buy a Forge 007p for ages and seen one on Ebay for £75 Brand new never been used and it was a AWESOME Edition one so happy days :arco:

More Poly Bushes thought i would get some Front Top Mount Poly Bushes as they were the only Ebay special bushes i had left on the car lol. So i bought a set of Powerflex Top Mount Bushes for £40.

Thought it was time to update the spark plugs aswell before i went back up to R Tech Power to have the map tweaked. So i bought a set of NGK Iridium Tip Spark Plugs For £35.

Anymore plans for chassis mods?

Front camber plates
Front upper brace
Front lower brace or 4 point brace
Front anti roll bar
Rear upper brace
Rear lower brace
Rear anti roll bar

I'm not sure what the 8L chassis would benefit most from

Got round to fitting my Powerflex Rear Axle poly bushes looks a bit dirty but will get round to sorting the look of the underneath of the car later on :sadlike:

IMG_2349_zps4147d1b0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Finally got round to fitting my new Dimpled and Grooved Rear Discs and Ferodo Pads that i have had sat around for about a year lol will have to refirb the wheels soon though :blow:

I managed to source some Aluminum Solid Subframe Bushes from 034 Motorsport in America for about £50. I will be fitting these once i have sourced a new subframe as i have a bolt which has been cross threaded :banghead:

There is no chance that your handy with a vernier is there? I was thinking about making my own titanium sub frame bushes. Or possibly higher grade aluminium ones. I don't want to rip them off but was wandering if you could get some dimensions?

I thought it was about time to update the build thread as i have not been on here in a while due to having the Audi tucked away for the winter and buying a 1995 Subaru Impreza WRX Type RA to drive through the winter months.

IMG 2417
IMG 2420edit
IMG 2421

Anyways enough of the scooby this is an audi forum lol :lmfao:.

I ended up going back to see Niki at R Tech Power about 6 months ago for a remap tweak.

We arrived at R Tech about lunchtime and waited to see Niki.
IMG 2360

After about a half hour wait we got the car on the rollers to see what Niki could do ?
IMG 2362

After a little bit of testing we found the Oil Crank Case Breather to be split and leaking pretty bad and a fault came up about the Knock Sensor signal being too low and intermittent :banghead: . But In the end Niki said he would still put it on the rollers and check what he could considering the car was not running right.
IMG 2361

Last edited:
After about 45 mins of being on the rollers Niki was quite satisfied with the results that the car produced considering the problems that the car had.

In the end the car ended up producing 298 BHP at 5891RPM with 297FT*LB at 4004 RPM at 16 PSI.

Compared to the last time i visited R Tech when the results where 288BHP at 6831 RPM with 282FT*LB at 3887 RPM at 16 PSI.

So not bad results considering the car was not running right :applaus:.

IMG 2369

IMG 2370

Last edited:
Reactions: Essexman
MORE SHINY PARTS :lick: !!! I managed to source a Chrome Polished Cam Cover and Chrome Polished Large Port Inlet Manifold both from a AGU engine on ebay some time ago for about £50 and i never got round to fitting them and thought it was about time :applaus:.

Chrome Polished Cam Cover
IMG 2194
IMG 2204
IMG 2195

Chrome Polished Large Port Inlet Manifold
IMG 2198
IMG 2200
IMG 2201

Started a bit more work with the Audi today thought i would get the Inlet Manifold off ready to change over to the Chrome Polished one and while the Inlet Manifold was off i could change the Crankcase Oil Breather and clean up the Knock Sensors to see if that sorts the Knock Sensor problem if not i will be replacing with a new on.

IMG 2283

IMG 2284

I managed to get the Inlet Manifold off and found i had run into another problem as well as the Crankcase Oil Breather being broken. The main coolant pipe that runs around the front of the engine had a massive kink in it and was leaking coolant :banghead:.

Main Coolant Pipe :

IMG 2285

Main Coolant Pipe With Kink & Tiny Hole In It :

IMG 2286

Crankcase Oil Breather Pipe :

IMG 2298

Broken Crankcase Oil Breather :

IMG 2344

Whilst i was removing the Main Coolant Pipe i noticed that the Coolant Flange was not sat right so thought i might as well change that as well.

Coolant Flange Removed :

IMG 2299

Side Of Block Cleaned Up :

IMG 2301

New Coolant Flange With Coolant Sensor :

IMG 2300

New Coolant Flange and Water Temp Sensor Installed :

IMG 2308

New Coolant Flange and Water Temp Sensor With Plug Installed :

IMG 2309

Got the Inlet Manifold off took off the Fuel Rail and installed the Fuel Rail and Bosch 440cc Green Top Injectors onto the Chrome Polished Inlet Manifold.

Chrome Polished Inlet Manifold With Fuel Rail And Bosch 440cc Green Top Injectors Installed :

IMG 2290
IMG 2291
IMG 2292

New Chrome Polished Inlet Manifold Next To Old Inlet Manfold :

IMG 2295
IMG 2296
IMG 2297

Reactions: superkarl
Got round to changing the Cam Cover over to the Chrome Polished one today and replaced the Cam Cover and Coil Pack Gaskets for new ones.

Coil Packs And Cam Cover Removed :

IMG 2302
IMG 2303

Cam Chain :

IMG 2304

Cam Belt :

IMG 2305

New Cam Cover And Coil Pack Gasket Installed :

IMG 2306
IMG 2307

Chrome Polished Cam Cover And Coil Packs Installed :

IMG 2311
IMG 2312

Finally got round to purchasing some thing i been meaning to buy for a long time. Its a Rear Window Tinted Glass Flush Fitting Grommet to fit in where you would remove the rear wiper motor. I purchased it from a company based in Germany called GECLENT for about £15 and i also bought the additional cleaner and glue they recommend for an extra £5 so about £20 all in and i think that was postage included.

GECLENT Rear Window Tinted Glass Grommet :

IMG 2230

GECLENT Rear Window Tinted Glass Grommet With Glue And Cleaner :

IMG 2229

Got the 034Motorsport Breather Hose Kit, MkIV Volkswagen & 8N/8L Audi 1.8T AWD/ATC, Reinforced Silicone all opened up and started to check it all because when i ordered it i was not 100% sure that it was going to be the same as it did not say that it would fit a AGU Engine but thought i would take the chance and if it did not fit im sure i could find some way of modifing it to fit :idea: .

034Motorsport Breather Hose Kit, MkIV Volkswagen & 8N/8L Audi 1.8T AWD/ATC, Reinforced Silicone

IMG 2394

First Impressions i was really inpressed from the quality it was really good and it looked pretty much the same as the old one i took off :eagerness: .

Crankcase Breather Pipe usally plastic now Reinforced Silicone With Billet Adapter And New O Ring. Block Breather Tube - (06A 103 213F)

IMG 2384

Billet Adapter which is usually plastic aswell and always breaks hopefully not anymore
:thumbs up: . Block Breather Tube - (06A 103 213F)

IMG 2385

New Silicone Block to Intake Manifold Hose
. Block to Intake Manifold Hose - (06A 103 221BQ)

IMG 2387
IMG 2389

New
034Motorsport Billet PCV Valve : PCV Valve - (035 103 245A)

IMG 2390
IMG 2391
IMG 2405

New Silicone Block to Intake Manifold Hose With New 034Motorsport Billet PCV Valve Installed :

IMG 2402
IMG 2404
IMG 2403

And Some New Hose Clamps :

IMG 2392

Got the Old Breather Hose out and compared it to the New 034Motorsport Breather Hose and it did look pretty much identical apart from the Hockey Puck Hose which was only slightly pointing in a different direction but dont think it will be a problem.

IMG 2396
IMG 2397
IMG 2399
IMG 2401

I had my New 1 Meter 19mm Stainless Steel Braided Hose and Brass Fittings turn up today which was to make my new Coolant Pipe now i was just waiting on my pack of jubilee clips to turn up so i can clip it altogether to make sure it all fits then i will be taking it to my local PIrtek to have all the Hoses and Fittings Crimped together.

IMG 2416
IMG 2417

New 1 Meter 19mm Stainless Steel Braided Hose : £20

3x 19mm Brass T Fittings : £15

1x 19mm to 19mm Brass Joiner : £5

and i also bought 2x 19mm to 13mm Brass Reducers :£10 just incase any pipes needed reducing.

Bought some Blue Anodised Titanium Rocker Cover Bolts x6 from Competition Fasteners to finish the Chrome Polished Cam Cover.

x6 Blue Anodised Alloy Rocker Cover Bolts : £10

IMG 2458
IMG 2460

And also bought some Blue Anodised Alloy Coil Pack Bolts x8 from DemonMotorsport and some Blue Anodised Titanium Washers from Race Ti x8.

x8 Blue Anodised Alloy Coil Pack Bolts : £10

IMG 2455
IMG 2457

x8 Blue Anodised Titanium Washers : £10

IMG 2461
IMG 2464

Had a late delivery yesterday of my 66 Piece Jubliee Clip Set from
$_13.png
so that ment i could get started on getting this coolant pipe all clamped up and test fitted before i pop over to Pirtek and get it all crimped up.

66 Piece Jubliee Clip Set : £12.95

IMG 2452