Audi A3 1.8T 1998 AGU Build !!!

Forgot to say i got round to installing the wellycooler and all new 2.5" pipework went for the same approach as sportstractor and had some brackets welded on the side of the intercooler cheers mate great idea. Didnt take any pics of the install but will upload some pics of the wellycooler and the pipework installed when i get the car back.

Have just got the car back from having the cam belt, water pump, vibration damper, tensioner and VR6 clutch and L&B SM G60 flywheel installed car feels alot better and revs up alot quicker no thanks to slowcoach3 lol will upload some pics later of the wellycooler installed.

is No thanks a typo for NOW thanks? or have you had issues :laugh:

When's it being mapped then matey?

Yeah had a few issues with clutch and flywheel that i got from slowcoach3 as soon as i started stating problems to him he would not write back when he was writing straight back everytime i wrote to him so im pretty sure he knew there was a problem with it. So i endend up buying a brand new VR6 carbon kevlar clutch and L&B G60 flywheel went straight in no problems and feels great revs up alot quicker will be changing the exhaust to 3" all the way through and still need to hunt down some 440cc green top bosch injectors then will be off for the map :)

Heres a pic of the wellycooler installed will take pics of the brackets i had made when i take the bumper off next.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought another couple of little goodies a Audi seat cover £20.

And a new gauge holder that sits in the drivers side air vent £30.

christ thats a massive amount of work you have done, do you have a link to the wellycooler you got?

Have had a bit of knocking whist changing gear so bought some Powerflex poly bushes went for the yellow ones will be fitting tomorrow if the weather aint too bad.

Attachments

• DSCF1344.jpg
    DSCF1344.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 908
Been a little while since i have updated this thread so thought it was about time. The last part i replaced was the dog bone bush with the yellow poly bush and what a difference front end feels alot more solid cant really give it the beans at the moment as i have not had it mapped but you can defently feel the difference pulling away, changing gear and going round corners.

Last edited:
Next i thought i would change the steering rack bush to a poly one aswell dont think you really have to change them but was cheap for the poly bush so thought i would do it.

Attachments

• steering rack bush.jpg
    steering rack bush.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 861
The main reason i havent done much recently is because i been waiting for a company in America to get there 3" exhaust systems back in stock but there taking ages so i thought i would take all the wheels off and give them a bit of a refirb as i kirbed them pretty bad all round the rim on one side on the way back from giving a mate a lift to work at portishead.

Took all 4 wheels off gave them a clean and sanded them down. Next added a bit of filler and sanded again gave them a coat of primer then a coat of satin black just need to lacquer them now. Forgot to take pics before of the damaged wheels and only took one picture of the first coat of black but will take more when there back on the car.

Attachments

• DSCF1392.jpg
    DSCF1392.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 825
Little update from before of the Inter cooler brackets i had welded on. The front bumper has never fit properly since i have uprated all the intercooler pipes to 2.5" so took it off and shaved it down a bit and took some pics of the intercooler brackets.

DSCF1404
DSCF1405

Cheers prawn looks like yours is coming along nicely to mate your you tube vids look nuts lol. I have ordered a 3" full exhaust system think its the same one as you got just from a different company in America was about the same price but dont know if im gonna get any custom charges when the item reaches the uk will have to wait and see when it turns up would of waited for the other company to get some in stock but there still saying about another 2 weeks and i just wanna get it mapped now so took the chance with this other company.

Exhaust a3

wil la ko3s turbo fit my a3 turbo agu 150bhp as i am looking at one on ebay and its says its not compatible for my a3::uhm: please help

One piece G60 solid flywheel lightened and balanced
DSCF1288.jpg
[/IMG]
Carbon Kevlar lined VR6 clutch driven plate (balanced & anti-judder)

Heavy duty VR6 clutch pressure plate (balanced)

Just bought a lower strut brace for the audi the strut is actually for a mk4 golf but im 99% sure it will fit will find out tomorrow.

Attachments

• DSCF1411.jpg
    DSCF1411.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 844
Last edited:
Got round to fitting the lower strut brace today it fitted perfect and feels great so much tighter on the front end just need to get the upper one installed next.

Attachments

• DSCF1413.jpg
    DSCF1413.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 788
Last edited:
I aslo had a few problems with my cold side induction intake where it was so close to the front bumper. On really wet rainy days it would suck up water and had the car cut out on me once so had to be changed to one that would sit a little higher.

Loving this thread buddy. Keep up the good work. You're making me add too many things to my shopping list!! :w00t:

My 3" Exhaust system eventually turned up after 3 weeks of waiting and £30s worth of custom charges from America but was still well worth it for £250 all in considering i dont even need the de cat and down pipe which will be up for sale soon.

DSCF1426

DSCF1427

DSCF1428

DSCF1429

Last edited:
Nice one on the exhaust mate :) As I said when i showed you, you'll love it, for the rediculous price, it fits really well, and sounds fantastic too!

I like that lower strut brace, where was that from? and how much? I'm still get to get round to fitting my upper one that I've had for 3 years! haha.

cheers jay1 yeah engine bay is getting there mate should be going to R Tech for the map in the new year so will find out what sort of power she is producing then lol.

Just received my new tail pipe for the exhaust that i bought. It did come with a tail pipe but it was rolled in and i thought it looked too small didnt want any thing too big but just slightly bigger so ordered a 3" rolled out tail pipe that i think will look alot better.

New rolled out tail pipe (on the left) and the old rolled in tail pipe (on the right) both 3".

Cool man, looks good. Mine needs something like that too. I cut the inward roll off mine, but it looks very plain at the moment.

Got round to have the outward rolled tailpipe installed yesterday was a bit of a mission to line up think its where i got a bodykit on mine. Just had to cut the brackets off and re weld in the right place then make sure it lined up then welded the outward rolled tip in place.