1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

audi a3 1.6 induction kit info

valyboi Nov 9, 2012

1. valyboi

valyboi Member

hi guys before i go buying induction kits ect for my car and wasting money any ideas on a decent induction kit that will work well on a 1.6 non turbo i have heard about the jetex filter whats your info or recommendations

2. colicabcadam

colicabcadam Guest

save money, with saved money, buy beer and pizza

3. valyboi

valyboi Member

No need for that is it, was asking induction kits not food lol

4. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

The consensus is any tuning on the 1.6 is a waste of time buddy. I'm not going to tell you to not go buy an induction kit, it's your money and car etc. Just that it's pointless throwing money at it for little or no gains! Better off spending the money elsewhere like a decent headunit, nicer alloys or lowered suspension. Best thing to do in my opinon, is to save the monies for a 1.8T if you must own an A3.

5. valyboi

valyboi Member

yeah im not planning on spending to much on it anyway to be honest just induction kit and exhaust i want nothing serious and wheels and lowering kits thats about it tbh, i will hope to have a 1.8t lump in her oneday though

6. valyboi

valyboi Member

thank you for the advise tho i will take that in

7. stocker

stocker New Member

Pipercross or K&N induction kits are good. Pipercross seem to be slightly better quality in my opinion.

8. stevegti2

stevegti2 Member

it wont do nothing for your performance stereo alloys nice leather interior....all good things

9. MURRAYS444

MURRAYS444 Member

Well if you are really wanting to get an induction kit I would recommend you get a Jetex cone filter!

10. s3clarke

s3clarke Money grabbing s3!

if its just the tone you are after, on a 1.6 id just wack a cone filter on it mate not a full kit.

11. valyboi

valyboi Member

What's them jetex ones like I have been looking for some sort of corn

12. MURRAYS444

MURRAYS444 Member

Jetex cone filters are good you just need to fit them to your maf and off you go sound good too!

13. valyboi

valyboi Member

[SUB][/SUB]
    Thanks Scott you got a web page I can get a decent one from bud

14. valyboi

valyboi Member

wouldnt mind finding a red jetex filter induction kit