1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

audi a3 01221 fault code help

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by adrianmrf, Aug 14, 2013.

1. adrianmrf

adrianmrf New Member

[Aug 14, 2013]
    hi all, I have had a look through the forum but cant find any answers so I thought I would post a question, my a3 sportback s-line had the airbag light come on so I purchased a code reader from e-bay and it read the code as 01221 crash sensor side airbag drivers side I have located the sensor in the drivers door and changed it over with the passenger side one and reset the fault code the code would not clear and still showed the drivers side so a:- is the crash sensor ok, as I thought it would have transferred the code to the passenger side, b:- is it likely to be a broken wire in the loom, has anyone had this before, c:-any thing to check would be great as the missus don't like the idea of the airbag light on thanks in advance
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 31, 2014]

3. Dannykn9

Dannykn9 "Cruise My Ride" VCDS Map User

[Aug 14, 2013]
    In all fairness mate, those snap on readers are not the best or most accurate. Get someone with VCDS to give it a proper scan and then take it from there.