Audi A1 1.4 TFSI 122 De-Cat Legal?

Motters16

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm looking to get a full turbo back system on my A1 and I'm looking at decat to get the most power. Just wondering if it will pass it's MOT or will I have to swap and change a cat in when it comes to MOT time?

Thanks Jack

Certainly not legal and won't pass MOT. If you remove the cat then you'll have a permanent EML.

Forgetting the exhaust emissions measurement for a moment, every MOT man should check the exhaust system to include and/or count number of catalytic converters as listed by the vehicles Type Approval documentation.

I know for sure that my RS3 without secondary catalytic will NOT pass an Audi Dealer MOT, as the Audi Dealer MOT man for sure knows and counts the number of catalytic converters in my Audi RS3's exhaust system; Audi garage MOT men do know and can count.

However, the local MOT man I use doesn't know 'how many' and/or can't count the number of catalytic converters in my 8P RS3 and so he passes my RS3 emissions easily and annually.

But, if he ever finds out there should be three, and/or learns how to count, then I guess I'll be re-fitting my secondary catalytic converters just for MOT testing.