audi 90 wont idel

george1990

Reaction score
My 1990 90 wont idel and is hard to start , but if you get it going it runs just fine as long as you keep your foot on the gas any one know what it could be, was running fine before I replaced air filter, plugs distributer cap and roater, also replaced hose that conects ike boot to idel control valve. after it starts it you let it die by not holding gas on it will not start again unless you let it sit for an hour. will not start without pushing on gas. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Hi George, It would help if you can give us any info on what engine you have. However, it sounds like you might have a vacume leak. Check the vacume pipes and secure them with hose-clamps. Also check if you have replaced the rotor-arm correctly and check the ignition timing afterwards. If this does not help you could also check the electrical components.

Too Many cars... not enough hours in the day, My Friend!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

Regards
Dave M