Audi 4 Circle Logo & quattro Under Door Projectors

Bristle Hound

Staff member
Reaction score
I ordered, on the evening of the 17th October 2016, a pair each of the Audi 4 circle logo & quatrro under door projectors for my S4 from Aliexpress
(I got the idea of the 8V section so I thought I'd post my findings in here -
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...to-your-8v-today.236518/page-117#post-2850853 )

The Audi 4 circle projectors -
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2PC...id=6c57c168-4154-4e6e-850c-fa144e8430fe&tpp=1

quattro projectors -
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/LED...id=ca488d46-e2e7-47ef-9a6a-2663f89d415b&tpp=1

As both sets cost me (at the time) £11.75 delivered I thought I'd give 'em a go
The prices of these vary quite considerably from £75+ at the Audi Dealers to what I paid from Aliexpress
Altho' I have no evidence, yet, to support it I do believe Audi will source these from China, unless anyone can prove different

On the 26th October, the quattro set arrived from China. I'm not going to install them until the Audi 4 circle logo 1's arrive, which they haven't to date

There are no marking whatsoever on the outside casings / lenses, but overall the build quality seems fine

More updates as & when :thumbs up:

Reactions: Rob2k68, Audi Bairn, pburv and 2 others
Not sure where I read this but some of these get really hot so just keep an eye on them

Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv and Bristle Hound
Not sure where I read this but some of these get really hot so just keep an eye on them
I'll keep an eye on this when they're installed. Cheers @Kuku :thumbs up:

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
Look forward to seeing how these go. So want a set!

Reactions: Rob2k68, Bristle Hound and pburv
Are these compatible with the S3/A3 8V?
(Is that what you two are speculating about?)

Reactions: Rob2k68, S3 Turbo and pburv
I ordered some not so long ago for a laugh

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

They weren't good?
I've not got them yet. I went for coloured RS4 ones so i will post some pics up when they rock up.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rob2k68, S3 Turbo and pburv
Couldn't resist either.
More or less for free...

Will survive as long as it is not pburv's beamer version lol...

Reactions: Simon L, Rob2k68, Bristle Hound and 2 others
Right I've had a look at my audi rings ones . They do look a bit different to yours and have some stickers .

And the main thing I noticed is that they have a heatsink that was actually ever so slightly (but noticeably ) warm after just a few seconds of use. So I would be a bit wary / careful of yours if they don't have this . You didn't upload a picture of that side .

Had to collage the photos as the actual files from my phone were over the 2mb limit

Let me know if you have the heatsinks :)

PhotoGrid 1477828181779

Reactions: Bristle Hound, S3 Turbo, pburv and 1 other person
Right I've had a look at my audi rings ones . They do look a bit different to yours and have some stickers .

And the main thing I noticed is that they have a heatsink that was actually ever so slightly (but noticeably ) warm after just a few seconds of use. So I would be a bit wary / careful of yours if they don't have this . You didn't upload a picture of that side .

Had to collage the photos as the actual files from my phone were over the 2mb limit

View attachment 108616
That's quite a big heatsink for the led...They must really get hot..?
If it was me then I would buy oem as they surely must have been tested against possible heat issues.

Reactions: glospete, AudiNutta, batch and 2 others
That's quite a big heatsink for the led...They must really get hot..?
If it was me then I would buy oem as they surely must have been tested against possible heat issues.
Yeah not sure, all I know is that it was noticeably warm after just being plugged in for a few seconds . . . Whether it would continue getting warmer or not I'm unsure, plus you're unlikely to have doors open that long but not something I'd want to risk to be honest . As doors are open for a while sometimes when drying the car after a wash etc

The point where the light comes from also looks very tight and refined as opposed to the aliexpress ones I think ?

Reactions: pburv and S3 Turbo
Hmm...
Better take a look before assembling...

Perhaps possible to attach some small heatsink otherwise(?)

Reactions: pburv and azibux1
Hmm...
Better take a look before assembling...

Perhaps possible to attach some small heatsink otherwise(?)
Yeah you could cut away some of the plastic with a dremel I guess to get at the bit you need to expose and attach the heatsink to

Reactions: S3 Turbo and pburv

View attachment 108616
@azibux1 - Thanks for taking the time to whip 'em out & take the pics. Appreciated :thumbs up:

Took a pic of the underside of the 1 from Aliexpress

The photo's of the 1's I have in the first post are the quattro 1's. The Audi 4 circle logo 1's haven't arrived yet
However, looking at the pic's of the 4 circle 1's they look identical to the quattro 1's I already have

When I do come to install them all I'll be seeing how hot they get when left on for a while before final install

The Aliexpress item specifics for the 4 circle 1's -
  • Brand Name: KAHANE
  • Material Type: LED&Aluminum alloy
  • Year: 2015
  • Light Source: LED
  • Item Type: Car Door Lights
  • Led Beam Type: Combo
  • Item Diameter: 2.3 cm
  • Led Chip Manufacturer: Cree
  • Item Weight: 80 g
  • A4-Year: 2003,2004,2005,2006,2007,2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013,2014
  • External Testing Certification: CE
  • Lens: Included
  • Audi Model: A4
  • Voltage: 12V
  • For Vehicle Brands/Model: Audi
  • Car Model: For Audi
  • Model Name: CM-AD
  • Special Features: Logo projector
  • Lumens: 1600Lm

No probs BH!

Good to see it does have some sort of heatsink, just not quite as exposed

Will look forward to your mini review on them once fitted

I'm really not convinced about the AliExpress ones - I went OEM - as a lack of cooling fins and maybe less crisp lighting pattern would concern me. But I'll wait to see what @Bristle Hound comes back with!

Reactions: azibux1 and pburv
I'm really not convinced about the AliExpress ones - I went OEM - as a lack of cooling fins and maybe less crisp lighting pattern would concern me. But I'll wait to see what @Bristle Hound comes back with!
I went OEM also for the rear, Crap pic but you get the idea

Attachments

• P1020648.JPG
    P1020648.JPG
    8.3 KB · Views: 502
Reactions: azibux1, batch and pburv
@azibux1 - Thanks for taking the time to whip 'em out & take the pics. Appreciated :thumbs up:

Took a pic of the underside of the 1 from Aliexpress

The photo's of the 1's I have in the first post are the quattro 1's. The Audi 4 circle logo 1's haven't arrived yet
However, looking at the pic's of the 4 circle 1's they look identical to the quattro 1's I already have

When I do come to install them all I'll be seeing how hot they get when left on for a while before final install

The Aliexpress item specifics for the 4 circle 1's -

Way to go BH, taking one for the team like a true leader! lol

Just remember we were right behind you..........................well, about 300 yards behind you just in case :scared2:

Reactions: S3 Turbo, Bristle Hound, pburv and 1 other person
Reactions: azibux1, pburv, Bristle Hound and 1 other person
Just ordered a pair of these for £5.65 delivered,

Any low wattage LED light should not get hot at all so really not sure what all the comments on concern with heat sink are coming from, but will connect and leave on for 5-10 minutes when I first get them to check they don't heat up

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/LED...32.html?spm=2114.13010208.99999999.264.oP4zNc

All my instincts tell me you're right Dave, but this is cheapy chinky Chinatown we're talking about.

If a corporation the size of Samsung can't manage to make a mobile phone battery that doesn't blow your arm off it seems entirely plausible that Mr Chen sitting in his shed in Shenzhen would be more than capable of making an LED puddle light that doubles up as a grenade!! lol

Reactions: Martinbanshee, azibux1, Daytonapig and 5 others
Ive just ordered mine for 6 Squid it's worth a try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Audi 4 circle logo 1's have just arrived in the post

As you can see in the pic's they are identical to the quattro logo 1's I ordered (I ordered them from different sellers. See post #1 above)
The packaging for both sets are identical
Item specifics seem the same as well
  • Car Maker: Audi
Hopefully I will get time tomorrow to get them all fitted & report back

Delivery pretty good from China IMO. 9 days for one set & 14 days for the other :thumbs up:

Reactions: S3 Turbo, azibux1, pburv and 2 others
As you can see in the pic's they are identical to the quattro logo 1's I ordered (I ordered them from different sellers. See post #1 above)
The packaging for both sets are identical
Item specifics seem the same as well

I expect there is single manufacture making these as standard items for Audi/VAG...so maybe something in the region of 5-10 million units a year (based on 4 per vehicle and fitting 24 - 50% of VAG group cars) the only variant being the lens/mask for the logo. you then get multiple sellers buying "excess" stock form the manufacturer and then selling on through Aliexpress

Reactions: Toonsoldier91, pburv and Simon L
Note though that the lens is much tighter on the OEM? So maybe that is why people say they're brighter and sharper?

Looking forward to the fitted pics!

I've had the aliexpress ones in my S4 for around a year now without issue :)

WP 20150614 001

Reactions: Daveotto, S3 Turbo, Bristle Hound and 2 others
Ahhh OK @batch ... we'll have to have a photo comparison too then with @Bristle Hound to see the differences (if any) of the actual light output then

Reactions: S3 Turbo, Peter Metcalf and batch
I fitted the Aliexpress under door projectors this afternoon

Audi 4 circle logo -

These had a good sharp logo image, altho' the actual light was a little looser in fitment than the OEM 1's
As I had fitted these to the front doors first, I left the door open to see how much heat they built up while on. I would estimate they were permanency on for around 5-7 minutes. When I removed the front the heatsink on the back of the bulbs was quite hot, but nothing that alarmed me greatly

quattro logo -

As you can see in the pic, the 'q' & the 'o' (at the extremes) are blurry and not sharp. Not as bright as the fronts either. Again the actual light was a little looser in fitment than the OEM 1's

Having fitted both sets I realise they are not what I want. I quite like the look of the bright LED under door lights that have the upgraded bulbs from @t8ups
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...ck-edition-saloon.240456/page-11#post-2512106

The under door projectors are more a visual accessory than a practical one if I being honest & thats not what I wanted TBH
Both sets have now been removed from my S4

I would give the Audi 4 circle logo ones - 7.5/10
& the quatrro logo ones - 4/10

Reactions: Gordo77, azibux1, Daveotto and 3 others

Audi 4 circle logo -

These had a good sharp logo image, altho' the actual light was a little looser in fitment than the OEM 1's
As I had fitted these to the front doors first, I left the door open to see how much heat they built up while on. I would estimate they were permanency on for around 5-7 minutes. When I removed the front the heatsink on the back of the bulbs was quite hot, but nothing that alarmed me greatly

quattro logo -

As you can see in the pic, the 'q' & the 'o' (at the extremes) are blurry and not sharp. Not as bright as the fronts either. Again the actual light was a little looser in fitment than the OEM 1's

Having fitted both sets I realise they are not what I want. I quite like the look of the bright LED under door lights that have the upgraded bulbs from @t8ups
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...ck-edition-saloon.240456/page-11#post-2512106

The under door projectors are more a visual accessory than a practical one if I being honest & thats not what I wanted TBH

Nice write up BH...:friends:
Goes to show 'you get what you pay for'......Having said that would you keep them if they were as good as OEM?
Or would you rather the more practical option you have stated?
ps Well done on buying them in the first place if only just for review purpose..:respekt:

Reactions: azibux1, Bristle Hound, S3 Turbo and 1 other person
I've had the aliexpress ones in my S4 for around a year now without issue :)

View attachment 108802

Had mine for 6 months with no problems.

As I have just ordered the 4 ring version which might be OEM I will be able to do a direct comparison for brightness and sharpness to the "Audi" containing ones once they arrive and are fitted

Reactions: xpoweruk, Simon L and pburv

Audi 4 circle logo -

quattro logo -

Good comparison, the tightness of fit might be more to do with the door fitment as on a previous thread on the same topic someone mentioned that one front door was a tighter fit than the other

Reactions: pburv
Nice write up BH...:friends:
Goes to show 'you get what you pay for'......Having said that would you keep them if they were as good as OEM?
Or would you rather the more practical option you have stated?
ps Well done on buying them in the first place if only just for review purpose..:respekt:
@pburv - Thanks :thumbs up:
The Audi 4 ring logo 1's were good enough for me, if it was 'my thing', which after the fitment I realised wasn't
& Thanks :thumbs up:
Good comparison, the tightness of fit might be more to do with the door fitment as on a previous thread on the same topic someone mentioned that one front door was a tighter fit than the other
All my OEM puddle light I removed were a nice tight fit. No difference between them that I could discern TBH
The Aliexpress1's just didn't have the tight fit
I suppose it could be that I have a better built :s4addict: as opposed to a 8V A3/S3 ... :whistle2: :D

Looking foreword to @Daveotto thoughts when his Aliexpress 1's arrive to have a direct comparison with the OEM 1's

Reactions: Daveotto and pburv
I'm quite impressed with the rings, I've also gone with the sline projector so will see what there like when they arrive both have been dispatched today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: pburv and azibux1