Audi 2.5TDI Exhaust Exit?

quattro_izzy

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have an Audi 2.5TDI quattro (180). On the diesels it comes with the exhaust holes covered up, but i am thinking to get the exhaust exit holes cut out just like the Audi S4 B6.

I am aware it will chuck a load of smoke out, but i have been told to de-cat it?

what do you guys think?

Also I have never heard a diesel with an exhaust, so wondering would it sound decent or just ridiculous?

Regards

Last edited:
The turbo does a good job of muffling the engine noise so i would not bother too much about it as it will be quiet anyway...get it done man and you dont need to worry too much as only worn engines chuck smoke, if your engine is in good health, you should not have any troubles just smoked rear bumper when cleaning the exhaust at high revs/speeds from time to time !

cant you just trim off the old pipes at the rear and weld on new chrome stubs and have them hanging out the back?

Thats certainly the easiest and most cost effective way in my experience. There was a guy in Audi Driver mag who fitted a Milltek SS system to a 2.0 B7 - he said it sounded a bit growlier, but really only noticeable at tickover - not really worth it for a diesel, whats a Milltek, £700?? About £80 - 100 to weld on some Powerflow tips....

you won't get any sound at all bud so it will be just for looks....i got rear valance from a petrol then had a powerflow cat back fitted (cos i got it cheap) but you can just have the tips changed for between 40-50 quid each depending on the tip you choose. heres what mine looks like now...

P1030544.jpg