1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi 1.9TDI 1997 Makeover

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by FTP, Nov 5, 2004.

1. FTP

FTP New Member

[Nov 5, 2004]
    I am complete newbie in this area and this seems to be a great forum for getting some real advice. I hope this is the correct forum in which to post this. Without further ado, this is my dilemma.

I have a 1997 Audi 1.9 TDI. It is still completely stock - no mods whatsoever and looks very plain. What I was thinking was that it would be good if I could drive it up to the UK for a completely professional mechanical and aesthetic overhaul. Garages here are very amateur and I have never been wholly satisfied with the mechanical work done on my car. Where do you guys think would be the best place to take the car apart, tune it up, make sure it is in tip top mechanical condition then do it up to look really cool? Some of the Audis I have seen on here look fantastic and perform really well to boot as well. (Yes this is partly you guys' fault as well for giving me the bug.)

The second point is, how much would something like this cost? I am hoping to come overland to the UK sometime next year and it might be a good time to give my car a complete makeover. Well, as opposed to buying a completely new car of course; my car is still 7 years old but I love it.

OK Audi pros, hit me with your best shot.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. FTP

FTP New Member

[Nov 8, 2004]
    Thanks Alpha Quadrant, I have contacted Excursion and I am still waiting for a reply. In the meantime, if someone else could give some advice, it would be greatly appreciated.
  4. imported_Yaseen

imported_Yaseen Guest

[Nov 8, 2004]
    Hey Aural

Good to see you on here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    FTP said:
    Where do you guys think would be the best place to take the car apart, tune it up, make sure it is in tip top mechanical condition then do it up to look really cool?

[/ QUOTE ]

Where in the Uk are you going to be? tell us that and someone should be able to reccomend a place for you, apart from usual things like control arms and timing belt, just ask an experienced garage to have a look at your car and advise you on what needs doing. For tuning consider a Tuning box which ive read on here are god on Diesels or a re-map from AMD.

read this: http://www.audi-sport.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=1,10,15,105,200,900,1000&Board=a4forum&Number=81210&Forum=a4forum&Words=tdi&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=3&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=81089&Search=true#Post81210

[ QUOTE ]
    FTP said: (Yes this is partly you guys' fault as well for giving me the bug.)

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif I take no responsibility for showing you the pics /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    FTP said: The second point is, how much would something like this cost?

[/ QUOTE ]

In terms of labour, it is liklely to be more expensive over here, , Try not to do it in London if possible as the labour cost will be much higher, drive a couple of hours and get it done cheaper.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif