aud a4 b6 single din to double din mod

jazzy_a4

Audi A4!!!
Reaction score
Hi All

I have recently just bought another a4 this is an avant tdi sport on a 03 plate.

theres a few mods that i really want to do and the first is changing the single din to a double din stereo.

can anyone please advise if this is possible or not?

Ive just purchased a sat nav unit (NAVIGATION PLUS) if im correct will i need to change the climate control unit would anybody have an idea to what i would need?

Thanks in advance

jaz

yes can be done easily although its not a 2 minute job, allow yourself a couple of hours at least. youll require a double din cage ( about £50 )
the ac unit can just be trimmed down either side and slots in lower down.

Thanks for the reply. Excellent i was hoping it could have been trimmed down.

any idea on where i would be able to get hold of one of these cages from and would it be the same cage as a 2005 model facelift one as i can get hold of on one of these?

i can get my hands on a b7 one but wasnt sure if its the same one. i can get it for £25 delivered so thats a bargain considering.

Thanks for the advice. is it just the sides that will need trimming down on my existing climate control?? has this been done by anyone here before any ideas on how to do it best?

Intersted in this too, found a link to another audi website were it was in PDF form but the link was dead!!!

loads on here have done it, me included, yes just the sides, take your time and just do a bit at a time until it fits in snug.
dremels your friend ! lol

what with you trimed the sides of unit?

I Have the pdf file for this so if you want it send me your e-mail addy and i'll foward it on.

i can get my hands on a b7 one but wasnt sure if its the same one. i can get it for £25 delivered so thats a bargain considering.

Thanks for the advice. is it just the sides that will need trimming down on my existing climate control?? has this been done by anyone here before any ideas on how to do it best?

Can you get more than 1 of these for that price?

Cheers