Attn MB (or others) microfibre cloth advice

Amchlolor

Reaction score
Mate of mine bought an Autoglym cloth and cannot believe the difference.

I'm more pushed for time than he is,so I fancy ordering online.

Cleanandshiny.co.uk have microfiber cloths,but they describe them as "drying cloths".

That's not the same as a buffing cloth is it ???

Any advice what I should go for ?

I bought about 4 different flavours from cleanandshiny for polishing and they work a treat

Sorry for the delay been away on my hols /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Have you got hold of any yet? If not drop me a pm /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

J.

I've had a few from Clean & Shiney too. Although they are a bit more expensive, I actually like the Meguiars ones - seem thicker to me, but the other ones are fine too.

I think there is a fair bit about microfibre clothes in the cleaning section of tyresmoke if you do a search.

[ QUOTE ]

Sorry for the delay been away on my hols /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Have you got hold of any yet? If not drop me a pm /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

J.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bought an Autoglym one locally MB.

Haven't had a chance to try it,or the Collinite polish,as we were away for the weekend,but my mate (who was staying at our house) tried the Meguires paint cleaner,then the Collinite on his S-plate Alfa 156 (Rosso Red) and is absolutely chuffed to bits with the results ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

I haven't tried my collinite either, hopefully try it this weekend tho... (depending on the weather!).

My mate reckoned the Meguires' paint cleaner was the product that made the biggest difference on his car,with the Collinite being the 'icing on the cake',so to speak.

He said it was dead easy to put on and buff off though.

Whether it's any better than Meguires NXT is hard to tell yet.
Only time will tell.

Finally got round to doing my car(s) with the Collinite and a microfibre cloth.

Wow,what a shine.

Must say,those microfibre cloths are brilliant.

I still buff off the polish/wax with stockingette stuff,but finish it with the microfibre cloth.

The lack of 'haze' is especially noticeable on the wife's black car.

Highly recommended.

Oh yerh and I Megs Stage 1 and Collinited at the weekend and I have never seen such a clean car! It looks amazin especially when it raining cos the beeds of rain just dribble of the car. Dirt even finds it hard to stick to it! I'd highly recomend this to anyone and everyone. Takes sometime but well worth it!

For an Autoglym user, please can you explain Stage 1? Is it the Deep Crystal Paint cleaner (Step 1 of 3) or something else? Would think the latter as this seems to be more of a surface prep cleaner than polish?

Cheers

No your right Rob it is the meg 1,2,3 stuff. The one is a fine cleaner that strips all the old stuff off. I was really impressed after I did the car. I have some Mothers clay bar and wax remover on the way and will see how that looks after I have done.

Thanks very much. Think I'll give it a go with the other stages and see how it compare to my usual stuff.

I bought the 3 stage a while back but haven't had a chance to do the whole thing yet.

However, between rain showers last weekend I managed to stage 1&2 the front end...then it fekin rained again.

The stage 1 really does get those bugs off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif awesome stuff.

Rob I wouldn't bother with the other stages as there are a lot of other better alternatives out there. They give better results and are easier to use.

I suggested the meg's stage one and the collinite for people who want a nice shiny clean car but dont want the hassle of waxing it all the time. The collinite wax is designed for harsh canadian winters!

J.

That Collinite wax truly is amazing stuff.
It seems to leave such a thick coating you can actually feel it.
Washing the car is a bit of a surreal experience as well,as the water just rolls straight off.
That's a month,and about 6 washes,it's been on my wife's car and after drying with a chamois and a quick rub with the microfibre cloth to get rid of water marks,it looks amazing.
I've even had the neighbours ask what I use,which has never happened before !

10/10 for that recommendation MB

Cheers guys. Not heard of Collinite before - any suggestions on where I can get it from? Is it mail order?

Alex at serious performance is the man you want to talk to. email him first and say your from here and I'm pretty sure he will do you a 10% discount. He also does free delivery.

J.