1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

asthetic opinions please

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Leddy, Oct 30, 2003.

1. Leddy

Leddy Member

[Oct 30, 2003]
    Hi all,

Going to upgrade my concert head unit soon and wondered what head units you guys think suit the A3TS Interior the best. I am asking from a purely asthetic viewpoint (I know this could really go in the ICE section but I am not really asking about acoustics so think this is the best place :grin:)

Seen this Alpine unit and the red illumination looks like it might fit in okay, but not 100% sure, any others spring to mind?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 25, 2014]

3. V1RDE

V1RDE New Member

[Oct 30, 2003]
    Ive just bought this HU, it does look /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Another option (red allumination) is Rockford Fosgate, bit pricy but look smart.
    Stick with the Alpine you cant go wrong.
  4. adjturbo

adjturbo Member

[Oct 30, 2003]
    i got a kenwood ps9800 mask in my TS and with the red illumination it looks great. the screen is different shades of blue which stands out but not garish at all.

i think it is down to personal preference at the end of the day.

One thing i dont like is the tacky adapters u hav to use to make the after market head units fit. very cheap and nasty /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
  5. Leddy

Leddy Member

[Oct 30, 2003]
    The Alpine HU appear to come with optional steering wheel controls. Anyone know what this is, infra red, joystick?
  6. noslojo

noslojo Member

[Oct 30, 2003]
    "The Alpine HU appear to come with optional steering wheel controls. Anyone know what this is, infra red, joystick? "

These are really so that the head unit can be integrated with factory fit steering wheels controls such as BMW and Renault etc Not the same as the Soy joystick or Pioneer systems.
    HTH

7. Gambba

Gambba Active Member

[Nov 3, 2003]
    This is my JVC El Chameleon
  8. Gambba

Gambba Active Member

[Nov 3, 2003]
    and with it on
  9. NickP

NickP New Member

[Nov 3, 2003]
    If you are not too price concious I would go for a Becker Mexico Pro.
    Very high quality head unit, illumination can be changed from blue/green/amber/red on the options Menu on the unit.
    [​IMG]
  10. lewy

lewy Member

[Nov 3, 2003]
    Hey up Leddy, that picture looks familiar!?!

I personally would go for the Alpine, because if I remember rightly you've got a 2001 A3, and it has the white numbers on the speedo, and the Alpine has the white LED display. Also the bonus of the Alpine is the blackout option, where all you have is the red buttons displayed, thus providing more output to the rca's, therefore providing more power to the amp/s.

But another unit you could look at is the JVC KD-SH909RB, with its 1 bit DAC, and 24 bit resoloution display it also looks the buisness.

Lewy