ASN's Pub

Morning all.

The missus has gone now, off to Turkey (b1tch), and I've got an interview for that job I applied for.... Not a bad day yesterday... :)

she's just come back holiday right?

whats the job?
details?

I start with HP on friday but going my new contract with them, I've been working with them for the past 3 years. :)

whats the job?
details?

I start with HP on friday but going my new contract with them, I've been working with them for the past 3 years. :)

It's with the Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust, doing server side IT support. It's only just down the road from me as well which would be handy, I could ride to work.

It's with the Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust, doing server side IT support. It's only just down the road from me as well which would be handy, I could ride to work.

Nice one mate.

cycle if you can, Its worth it. Like the others have said.
Wish I had the motivation to get back in to it.

Of course, I don't actually save any money as I spend it all on my bikes again, lol. But, it's money i'd probably want to spend anyway so it's all good. Plus, it saves me getting a gym membership also. :) And I have a great farmers tan, lol.

Of course, I don't actually save any money as I spend it all on my bikes again, lol. But, it's money i'd probably want to spend anyway so it's all good. Plus, it saves me getting a gym membership also. :) And I have a great farmers tan, lol.

I had to resist buying a new bike with my saved money. I thought "what's the point, there's nothing wrong with my current bike" but it's so easy to spend money that you save :(

I know! My old bike died so I started searching eBay for a cheap replacement. I ended up building my own and spending nearly £400. It does make me smile whenever I ride it though.

Welly, that's a fair whack of money! I hope I can always cycle to work.

One downside is racing other commuters though. I can't not race them, it's just a built in instinct to catch them. I almost threw up last week as I cycled so hard to catch someone. I did it though, and destroyed him. :)

Last edited:
Yes Mr Wellings! good luck son!

Did you say you sold your quad? because, no offence, the quad sounds like waaaaay more fun than a push bike :eyebrows:

Anyone been playing Contract Killer on the iPhone? It's well addictive.

Been playing it on the android and other games by the same company.
Its a good game but annoys me that you need to really pay them to progress further in the game or get good weapons or just keep playing the simple little missions to earn money.
So I stopped and went back to stupid zombies. lol

Plants vs ZOmbies is amazing I love it! its a bit tricky on the small iphone screen - waaaay easier on an ipad but good none the less.

Westy I just got Friday off work so I'm defo coming on Friday - With cash in hand ;)

Yes Mr Wellings! good luck son!

Did you say you sold your quad? because, no offence, the quad sounds like waaaaay more fun than a push bike :eyebrows:

Oooooh, now that's a thought...

I did sell the two I had, both at a substantial profit.... However I could be tempted to buy another.

I would have to get a Raptor 700R this time though. No buggering about.

Westy I just got Friday off work so I'm defo coming on Friday - With cash in hand ;)

LOL, (jealous) however cash is something I am a bit short of at the moment.

I only want spacers for the back if I'm honest anyway...

Jojo's new mtm's are 8.5 wide like my new 'uns and with 10mm's at the front and 15's on the rears his looks good so I shall follow suit. :)

My front tyres are down to the wear marker and one of my rears has a screw in it, lol, so I need to have everything ready so I can just stick 'em on.

Jojo if your reading are you running 225/40's?

you cheeky feckers - Westy if you bring M&S cookies Ill make all the tea you want mate ;)

Bit Blingy isn't it Welly?

Ps what time are you getting there Westy

I'm leaving mine about 6am hoping to be at bill's around 9ish depending on traffic.

LOL, what time did he say he'll be there? He doesn't normally pitch up till a little later than that.

Good buttie van down the road though. Which way you planning on coming?

Here:

buttyvan.jpg