ASN's Pub

So day 2 of snow in Huddersfield land...and the Mrs has the quattro. Last time (a few weeks back) I was in London. Will I never get to sample snow and quattro? :(

Went round the block in the snow, winter tyres and quattro FTW!

Well Ok, it's not really snow it's more like ice but it performed well. Stopped on a few hills to make sure I could start and had no problems.

Reactions: Westy
Please don't be jealous of the superior drive train.

When did you de-wrap your car?

Reactions: ScottD3 and s3dave
Got any more pics? WhatsApp me! I just checked your thread and it suddenly ends...no conclusion at all. In my head you're still stuck in a garage refitting parts.

Jo, Is it worth paying the £10 cinema fee to see the film though?

Westy, The Golf for the wife?

Crazy, Proper quattro is good. None of this fake 4x4 crap. :ninja:

Morning

Reactions: CHEZ and crazy88
More toys turned up today.

1779877_10151835707196571_1132581660_n.jpg

This is for a shelf. lol

Jo, Is it worth paying the £10 cinema fee to see the film though?

In truth, going to the cinema is never cheap, you almost seem to have to buy popcorn and a drink when you go, so it becomes a £25-30 day out, but I enjoy watching new films on a massive screen with digital sound, don't have such a setup at home. More to the point though, it was time with the missus, so worth every penny! :yahoo:

Leigh, That's old school mate.
Its all on the internet now.

Dave, It masses me as well. even more when you think of the stuff I get sent to work. :|

Jo, Why not take your own food and drink?
We pack a mini picnic when we got.

When we go with the little one we always take our own and they have never stopped us or many of the other parents that come in either.

I have to agree, it is a rip off though!!!

Is there any signs or anything anywhere to say you can't bring in your own drink or food?

We've taken in rucksacks full of food and the odd bottle of coke/vodka. lol

The only time we go cinema is with the lil one now, which aint bad as i try and go to the AM clubs, where its like £1 a ticket per person, so we get to watch a film for £3 and take our own popcorn, crisps, cheesestrings and drinks too!!!

Winner all round :)

I think the last one we watched was Turbo and that was Bada55!!

I hate the the cinema! It's normally to hot or too cold, too many people talking in the middle of the film or looking at their phones. And normally the person behind keeps kicking your seat.

I much prefer watching a film in the comfort of my own house even if i have to wait a while for it to come out on DVD.

The only time I will go is a very late showing when it's quiet on an orange Wednesday deal. But I do prefer to stay in

I had the same hate and fear as westy but we started going to the very first showing of the day or the very last showing, while trying to avoid wednesday showings or late friday/weekend showings.

For the last 6 month or so of us doing this its mainly just us in the cinema, which is cool.
I get to run up and down the steps like a big kid. lol

Morning

Reactions: Westy, kwistof and Nilz
Haha, that doesn't surprise me at all Scott about you running up and down the steps. For most people I'd think they were making it up to be funny, but I genuinely think you run up and down the steps while your good lady shakes her head in disbelief haha!

No damage on our side, apart from my sons Slide which is on the other side of the garden and our dustbin is rolling around in the grass....well I think its ours anyway!!

Oh on a note about the Cinema, everyone always mentions the Orange Wednesdays, but did you know that some Cineworlds do a saver Tuesday, where its about £5.80 all day for any film (+£1 for 3D).

They do still do the monthly card, which is not a bad deal if you get the time to go to the Cinema...I unfortunately dont, but its a good deal nonetheless.

Dave, luckily my fence stayed up. I worry about it being 6' high, but it's holding strong so far.

No other damage, but right in front of my cars was a smashed roof tile this morning so we appear to have got lucky there that it didn't hit them. I still can't see which house it came from either :what:

good mooning!
it was a tad windy last night and still is to be fair!
no damage here i think, just a load of rubbish floating around the streets as it is bin day, and all the bins tipped over and the contents escaped!
today i have a day off!, first one in over 2 weeks!, crazy mad busy hectic stupid busy at work! :keule: so much on at the minute its scary!
i dont really have time to drive around aimlessly past shop windows like your supposed to do when you get a new car! :3sadwalk:
i am really looking forward to going away on holiday......in may......:ninja:
how is everybody anywho? apart from moaning about the weather?

Morning all. I've been praying for the last 2 years that the ****** fence blows down as its a mess and needs replacing. Plus it's owned by my neighbours so not my responsibility. Unfortunately it appears that because it's so tatty and full of holes already, the wind blows straight through it :(

Reactions: crazy88