ASN's Pub

haha. I only dirt dig for my own entertainment purposes. :)

I hate going on ebay to look for something with the intention of buying some quality and spending a bit of money.
But I always end up buying some thing cheap and thinking WTF?!?!

I wanted some decent eyelets and good a tool but ended up buying something for a £1 with free eyelets.
It did two eyelets, wrong and now the tool is broken. lol

Morning all. :)

But no one complains, "i only paid a quid for it" then chuck it,, thats why this country is full of tat.. they know its not fit for purpose but for a quid what do you expect....lol, no doubt there are 1000 more containers coming over as we speak with the same ****e in..

But no one complains, "i only paid a quid for it" then chuck it,, thats why this country is full of tat.. they know its not fit for purpose but for a quid what do you expect....lol, no doubt there are 1000 more containers coming over as we speak with the same ****e in..

That's very true.
I thought I'd give it a go for £1 cause I only need to do 4 of them. lol

I need some insurance companies to try, modified car insurance, go.....

No idea.

Google?

I know a lot of people have spoken badly, but admiral have done me very good this time. All mods declared on both cars and £700ish total :)

I know a lot of people have spoken badly, but admiral have done me very good this time. All mods declared on both cars and £700ish total :)

See ive heard admiral will only tolerate so many mods. They told my mate they blacklisted his car and to do one. They have been my insurer for the past 2 years though.

Ive got to try:
Sky
Greenlight
Adrian flux

Im 25, have 5 years driving, 4 years NCB, 3 points SP30.
paid circa £1k last two years.
can now get cover for a stock car for around £550
Id be happy to pay up to £1k with everything declared, i just want it to be legit.

I tried all them companies too Karl, but I came across a company called A plan who came out cheapest! Was in 2 minds but when I asked who I will be insured with it turned out it was the same company greenlight would have insured me with anyway.

Morning People.

How was everyone's Monday?

Our put decided it did not want to change gear any more on the way to Bristol while the wife (Shut up crazy, I'm getting use to the concept.) was driving it. She got the car to her Dad's and set off looking for another car.
She found a Yellow 2003 Seat Leon, 12 months MOT and 5 months Tax. It looks like a nice motor, needs a couple of bits doing to it but only little interior bits like the glove box and cup holder.

Her Pug then got transported to my Dad's place while we decide what we do with it.

On the bright side, she now has a VAG motor, which should make my life a bit easier as I never liked the pug and found it a ***** to any information about it.

Anyone want to buy a 206 GTI? :)

Reactions: CHEZ, crazy88, Nilz and 1 other person
Morning All

Monday was a drag as usual!!

Got the kitchen ordered last night, so just need to get the other few bits and pieces now.

Reactions: ScottD3
Morning Scott,

Yes, we are defo looking forwards to it. Im not fitting it myself, turns out a friend of mine from childhood days (many years ago) is a well established kitchen fitter and has agreed to do it for us when it gets to us, so hopefully by March, we should be all kitchen/diner'ed up. :)

Oh good point,

I will get some before and after pics and put them all up when they are done :)

Hows your new place going?

Good man. I like them. :)

Its going well, just trying to sort out the loft, garage and 3rd room.
But its all waiting on me to board the loft up, then I can empty the 3rd room, the garage and start sorting out the 3rd room and make it in to an office.
I'm a little bit annoyed, the door in to the 3rd room is to small for a pod chair. :(
I need to rethink the chair situation in there.
Once the garage is empty I can board and insulate the roof, sort out the gap at the bottom of the door and reroute the rain water channel. Then I can paint it, build the racking, work tops and cupboards.
That will be a summer job I think a long with the drive way widening.

As requested Crazy.

Reactions: Nilz
derv or the proper type of fuel? ;)

I do like those Leon's, you get a lot of car for your money. I spoke to somebody at work the other day who has one of the last editions, and he de-tuned it...as it was too fast, pfft! It felt like a sin to me, to de-tune a car.

Its the 1.8 petrol engine but with out a Turbo.

Haha de-tuned cause its to fast. Pansy. lol

I do like the Leons. happy she picked one of them over another french car.

Yeah, it must be a relief she went german and not french :)

Gutted it's a non-turbo, but we can't have it all. You'd have too much speed in your fleet if you had both the Leon and Audrey.

Reactions: s3dave
Car looks sweet mate.

Sounds like you got alot going on at your place, im sure that will keep you busy for a while!!

I'm not bothered about the Turbo.
Less to go wrong.

If we really feel like turbo it, I guess we can slap on a TFSI.

Thanks Nilz but I'll happly swap it all for a nice kitchen install.

Crazy, I want before and after pics of your kitchen as well mate.

Of course Scott. Before pics look horrendous as it is, as we moved the lounge door last year and have never bothered patching up the old one on the kitchen side. Plasterboard FTW!

What's the interior like? Leather?

I always end up forgetting to take before pics, so that was a good reminder, i will get some tonight and keep them till the job has been done, so i can put them up as a proper comparison later.

Only a couple of pics of the interior but no, not leather.
Sport seats I think.

Before and after pics are good for your own records and it saves trying to describe it to people via text.

Lazy but if you're going to do it any way, I don't blame you for leaving it.

I'd do the same but my folks would not let me, they'd be bugging me about it till its done.
I got to paint 2 door frames and some little bits gloss white after trying to get the jukebox in and they won't let me forget it. lol

Ahhhhhhhhhh, been working on a problem at work and finally got it sorted after 2 days!!! Wahoo. Always a relief 20 minutes before home time as I can sleep easy now.

Scott, go discuss with the 8L people that a 1.8 non turbo Leon is better than a heavy lardy s3 ;)

An ADC on a microcontroller, getting it to read any/ correct values. Stupid Atmel. But it's working now, wahoo!

And yes, change your sig to turbo slayer! :)

Hey all, how is every one? Sorry about the lack of posting been stupidly busy settling into my new role.

First 2 days had a factory tour and met every manager possible in the cov branch, now im back in solihull/shirley meeting different people there and maybe by end of next week ill actually start some training!!

Reactions: Nicki
Welcome back mate, how is the new job going??

Settling in well i hope??

Evening all!

How is everyone? Congrats on the new jobs, new houses, new kitchens, new cambelts and any else I've missed! ;)

Loving the new job so far - they're leaving me to sort myself out which is great & just checking everything is going OK once in a while. New boss is skiing at the moment & judging by the gushing email he sent me earlier, I think he was enjoying the après ski already... Haha!

Managing a reasonable 27mpg on the daily commute which isn't too shabby. Better than the 18mpg I was getting on the shorter journey! Only spent an extra £75 on fuel last month compared to previously - but saved £50 on lunches and earned significantly more money in the month so it's all good!

Oh & I've never let a car run out of petrol and only once given a car back to someone with only fumes remaining, but it was a courtesy car so that was to be expected as that how it was when I picked it up!

I'm still yet to get any kind of flashing lights / Blackpool illuminations going round a roundabout / country lanes so I'm obviously not pushing hard enough... However, worried that I'm going to start chucking Mum's polo round roundabouts at 50mph without thinking about it... Hehe! Loving every minute in the car though - comfy for traffic, poke for "negotiating" traffic and driving like a hooligan at weekends. Much smiles.

Reactions: CHEZ and s3dave