ASN's Pub

Abit of help please lads!

Whats happened here?
151EFC8A-01BA-447A-BD53-656FBAB2A2FD-4545-0000054759E17171.jpg
I think its the tie rod? But havent had the time to have a proper look yet :( ill have to tackle tomorrow and i hope the weathers better!

Thanks all!

You will need a new rose joint... they are pressed in too :keule: so the hole hub as to come off unless you have a special tool that costs over £100,,,,

Then a new tie bar....i have an old one you can have mate for the cost of postage?

Thanks dave that will be much appreciated, il have a proper look in the morning and send you a pm.

Morning all, so how can this just snap? I never hit anything so i just dont understand! And is there a quick fix or is it a hub off job like you said dave?
73FDDBC4-CCA9-40B1-A207-7825A14D1981-5076-00000658FFF0881D.jpg

Any help much appreciated and sorry for using the pub and not starting another thread, i just know most of you know your stuff!

Thanks again, oh and ill google it myself jardo ;)

Googled and it seems like a very common issue, ****** dangerous if it was at a higher speed! Is it the same issue on the s3? Im hopeing its the revised rose joint that i can do without the press but waiting for my brother now so he can give me his 2p of wisdom.

Fk yeah you know Iv got my bumper back and put back on! ... Erected penis !

I seen you bad times post on facebook cam bad crack. Hopefully it doesn't cost you to much to fix

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1353843959932.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353843959932.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 165
Googled and it seems like a very common issue, ****** dangerous if it was at a higher speed! Is it the same issue on the s3? Im hopeing its the revised rose joint that i can do without the press but waiting for my brother now so he can give me his 2p of wisdom.

Yes mate, same on the S3 but I've seen it on TTs more for some reason. I want to change mine over at some point. Maybe when I do my trailing arm bushes.

The bush has seized mate. This means no flex at all when hitting bumps and all this stress is then passed to the tie bar which snaps.

Thanks westy, i just googled it, iv read thst they revised the bush so it can be done without a press? Is that info correct?

Thanks westy, i just googled it, iv read thst they revised the bush so it can be done without a press? Is that info correct?
i was just popping in to mention you dont need to get a rose joint because they offer rubber bushes for it now.

check dre_s3's thread he bought a kit to do it. part numbers will be in there.

alternatively you could contact powerflex or superpro and get them to make you some, because they dont currently make them. you could be a right trend setter

Fk yeah you know Iv got my bumper back and put back on! ... Erected penis !

I seen you bad times post on facebook cam bad crack. Hopefully it doesn't cost you to much to fix

Looks shiney, now be carefull not to stain the seats!

i was just popping in to mention you dont need to get a rose joint because they offer rubber bushes for it now.

alternatively you could contact powerflex or superpro and get them to make you some, because they dont currently make them. you could be a right trend setter

Ha its all a ball ache at the moment, my mechanic mate is going to sort it for me now, all comes at a cost that i can do without shelling out at this moment in time :( may be a thought for the future!

weather is gash... was a horrible drive to work couldn't put my foot down any where, surface water every where :(

im getting man cold as well :( silly weather. every one has to feel sorry for me... haha yeah right, back to work fkers!

My 99' S3 had the rear tie arm recall soon after I purchased, not sure what was changed, but something was? Anyways, I took one side off to see how difficult it could be, pretty sure mine had rubber bushes top and bottom, not rose joints?

Afternoon all, thanks again dave for the offer of the tie arm but i wont be needing it, mainly due to the mrs needing it back on the road today so its cost me £114inc vat for the tie arm, bush and screw/bolt :( not alot for all that money :( so feel sorry for me and not coatsey because he is a big girl that cant controll his right foot ;)

Ill keep ye all updated!

My 99' S3 had the rear tie arm recall soon after I purchased, not sure what was changed, but something was? Anyways, I took one side off to see how difficult it could be, pretty sure mine had rubber bushes top and bottom, not rose joints?
i had no idea it was a recall, thats a really good shout actually, i might enquire at Audi see what they say. free rebush :cheers:
yeh basically audi now give out bushes rather than rose joints, which would be alot better in terms of longetivity. Dre bought some recently i think thats what he got.

i had no idea it was a recall, thats a really good shout actually, i might enquire at Audi see what they say. free rebush :cheers:
yeh basically audi now give out bushes rather than rose joints, which would be alot better in terms of longetivity. Dre bought some recently i think thats what he got.

It was an Audi recall on Audi(golf4 platform) quattros built within a chassis range, which included TTs and A3 qts'.

Will they fix my car for free then? They didnt say anything when i was paying for my parts!

As in non OEM. As in shiny with twisty bits on ;)

Ah ok, its a non oem tie arm that has snapped on mine, but i could only find the part from the stealers? Hate having to rush to get things sorted, always miss the best deals :(

which tie arms were they?

It was the pas side rear tie arm that connects to the bottom of the hub! If that makes sense!

Edit* and if you mean what non oem tie arm, im not sure, just know that it looks like stainless steel, not painted or anything. Ill take pics when its off later!

Goatsey shouldn't need to control his right foot though, it's not as if he's got any manly power to struggle with anyway :laugh: :laugh::laugh:

sod off you ! your supposed to stick up for fwd owners, against all these haldex queers.. iv got enough power. just some of us have to much of it :p

its not finished anyway yet, id like to see it be close to 300 as possible its not far off now since it made 285.. now it has meth it might make 365000 at the wheels...

sod off you ! your supposed to stick up for fwd owners, against all these haldex queers.. iv got enough power. just some of us have to much of it :p

Oh yea, sorry, Power:weight mutha-truckers!!!! fake 4wd and all that tat :laugh:

I think Coatstick is fecking HE-MAN for being brave enough to drive such a lairy beast every single day. he's my hero :wub:

Oh yea, sorry, Power:weight mutha-truckers!!!! fake 4wd and all that tat :laugh:

I think Coatstick is fecking HE-MAN for being brave enough to drive such a lairy beast every single day. he's my hero :wub:

That was taking it to far haha

he-man lol unfortunately I look more like beast man than he-man lmao