1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ASN's Pub

ScottD3 Feb 17, 2011

1. damo.h

damo.h DVLA Say it's Black

Football is for gays ;)

Morning all.

Nice easy day for me. Bit of config on site then back to the office to build up two system which I'll be throwing in tomorrow down in Banbury. Had a funny moment this morning... Noah was taking a dump on the loo holding his lil train, dropped the train, bent over to the left to try pick it up and did a fkn full body windmill type action!!! Landed on his head, and got wedged between the loo and the wall. All I could do was pmsl at the sight of his lil vans trainer with his kecks around his ankles stuck up in the air.... Does that make me a bad parent ???

So, what's going down today folks????

2. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR Staff Member Administrator Moderator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter quattro Audi S3 s tronic

Lol Damo, that made me proper laugh. Funny for you, bet he wasnt happy though. :)

3. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR Staff Member Administrator Moderator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter quattro Audi S3 s tronic

Morning all, s today going to be a celebration day? Who is going to get the 20,000 post.? :)

4. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics Supporter Team V6 quattro Audi A8 Team Akoya saloon TDi Audi S8

Hahah, thats funny ****. lol

Not at all mate. you're a fine parent.

5. damo.h

Haha ye obv there were a few tears, a lil bit of wtf happened there shock plus he crack his bonce on the skirting. But still funny all the same.
    Well it was sunny when I walked into the office. Just walked out and it's pissing it down :(

6. crazy88

crazy88 Loving the anonymity

Just finished my first lab demo of the day. Now for loads of marking, then back into the lab this afternoon for more.

Damo, that is funny dude. Bet he was well confused why he was suddenly head first :)

7. damo.h

It all happened so quick, I spat toothpaste everywhere laughing, just wish I'd had my phone on me to pap him... Could of made a few quid out of it lol.
    Lunch time peeps. What's on the menu??

Sorry sange, I missed yr post. I take it the 20k will be grabbed by that spamming brummy they call the dim sum moderator ;)

8. Sandra

Lol damo, i think the honour should go to our Scott. I cant believe we have clocked up 20 k posts in here in 15 months. :) x

9. damo.h

Ah thought you ment jo's actual posts. Na fk him, game on ;)

10. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona quattro Audi S3 Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

:slapped:

11. damo.h

Not you Jo, the bumpkin !! He ain't getting the 20k post lol

How's that fence??

12. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona quattro Audi S3 Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

1200 quid! :slapped:

13. damo.h

Sh!t the bed :faint:

Is that a quote for the job or price of materials and you doing it?

14. jojo

Whole job mate, 9 panels and the removal of a whole load of bushes and weeds to get to the frikin thing! Get it done properly in one go!!

15. damo.h

Is that re posting too? Still £1200 is "bend over and take this son" prices. Take it these are fancy panels or they'r doing a ground force hobby at the same time.

16. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics Supporter Team V6 quattro Audi A8 Team Akoya saloon TDi Audi S8

Thats a stupid price for a fence.

WTF?

Sod paying that mate, that's stupid amount.

I got a mate that might be able to do it cheaper and to the same quality if you want his contact info.
    He's Bristol based but got teams that travel, so its no problem.

17. jojo

lol! Yes, new concrete posts and concrete gravel boards etc.. They've done some quality work up the road and come highly recommended from the neighbours. Without showing you a pic, it's a lot of work to be honest. I hate gardening, so best let the pros to it!

18. jojo

Getting a few more quotes tomorrow, so see how it goes.

19. Westy

Westy Well-Known Member

And i was complaining over £80 labour I could have saved today by changing my own CV boot if my CV boot tool hadn't broke :(

On the note of fences though. The house i'm moving into has a fence on the left of the back garden and then a fence along the back, the right hand side is a wall. Luckily we will own the wall and the fences are the neighbours responsibility. Unfortunately the neighbours seem like they cant be arsed to get the fences sorted (mainly the back one) so no doubt I'll end up offering half to fit a new one but I'll fit the fecker myself to save some monies.

20. damo.h

If its a fence on the boundary of yr land it's joint responsibillity mate. You'll probably find if you look over it his side will be immaculate hahahaha

21. Westy

Westy Well-Known Member

Already checked the paperwork. The wall is our responsibility and the fences are the neighbours. What do you think I pay my solicitor for :moa:

22. crazy88

I built my own fence last year, it cost the best part of a grand in materials. And yes I rang around loads of places for quotes. It's a 6' high fence with a 1' trellis along the top which was the most expensive bit, but it makes it look nicer. I'll dig out a pic when I get to work. Think it's about 10-11 panels we did. Plus I built two gates. But I don't think 1200 sounds ridiculous for a company to do it if they're clearing **** too. Wood isn't as cheap as you think...unless its of the morning glory variety.

23. Westy

Westy Well-Known Member

Can you make a fence out of morning glories though?!

24. Sarah's A3

Sarah's A3 MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid Staff Member Moderator

Hey Joe, that sounds a good price to what you would be charged over here!!!

25. crazy88

Probably if you really tried. You can make a tent so I can't see why not.

26. damo.h

ah ok, usually a party fence is usually party responsibillity. Just bang a new shiny one up 1cm in front of it if he don't sort his dead wood out ;)

Get off yr cocks n grab yr socks. You lot still in bed?? Lazy fk'rs!! Rd trip for me today down to Banbury. Got two systems to install and 6 hrs driving.... :(

27. damo.h

Haha where you lot spring up from.

Pics of yr wood :whistle2:

28. Westy

Westy Well-Known Member

You should have asked earlier, I can't maintain it like I used to! Hang on...... do you mean fences?!

29. crazy88

Damo mate, already in manchester in my office, so there :moa:

Here's some pics of my fence/ work of art. It's pretty wood inducing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

30. damo.h

That looks really good mate, a job well done... but I think it's all down to the supervisor in the pink wellybob's :moa:

Pistop... I fkn hate having to take a dump at the services, espesially when the seats still warm and the dude next door keeps making raspberry noises. Wtf man, sort yr arse out ffs!!!!

31. crazy88

Warm toilet seats are awful, and i agree...it seems most of the world has appalling diets and just can't help but explode the second they sit on the throne!

32. Westy

Westy Well-Known Member

I've seen some outrageously high blow back on the work toilets!

33. crazy88

Me too. One time it was so high I had to use another cubicle!!! Imagine that.

34. Westy

Westy Well-Known Member

I've seen it half way up an open toilet lid! How does that even happen?

35. Westy

Westy Well-Known Member

This is the normal standard of service toilets though:

[​IMG]

36. crazy88

Well, that's what you get if you work for the council bro!

37. Westy

Westy Well-Known Member

You're not wrong. Whenever I go to the toilet here it reminds me of this:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2014
  38. crazy88

That's grim!

Our water cooler just ran out of water. What shall i do?

39. Westy

Westy Well-Known Member

Kick off and demand water or you'll go home due to health and safety.

The glory is all yours Crazy take the 20K post :cheers:

40. crazy88

Cool story bro!
    [​IMG]

So i googled 20 000th post, and this came up. Seems fitting to me.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 2, 2012
    Sandra, ScottD3 and Westy like this.