ASN's Pub

****!!
I thought we was bad.

My mate is building Windows 7 Images for his place.
******** Give me my job back.

Local government mate. We told them they needed SP3 ages ago but the bods in charge said they wanted outlook and IE8 rolled out first. Dont know why we bother having meetings and suggesting things when some muppet who knows nothing about IT is calling the shots!

Local government mate. We told them they needed SP3 ages ago but the bods in charge said they wanted outlook and IE8 rolled out first. Dont know why we bother having meetings and suggesting things when some muppet who knows nothing about IT is calling the shots!

I hate that, annoys the hell out of me.
People in charge that has no idea of what they are incharge of.

We're only just rolling out SP3 for XP!!!
Blimey you're behind a bit :ermm:

Doing all the test work for rolling out 7 at the moment - delayed due to NetGear announcing that they wouldn't do an upgrade to the SSL VPN box we use, to support Windows 7. So had to wait until I could get a replacement in the budget, which is testing at the moment.

****** was that the existing NetGear boxes were just over a year old with 3 years warranty and I have 3, so I vowed never again to buy any NetGear stuff - regardless of how good value it was.

Should add that we are on Vista at the moment. This year my servers will be going Virtual too, need to start working out the budget next month.

Paul

Last edited:
I hate that, annoys the hell out of me.
People in charge that has no idea of what they are incharge of.

Agreed, that happens a lot. It's also much harder when you are only 24, and look about 19.

People find it really hard to actually listen to what you have to say, despite the MCSE!

Agreed, that happens a lot. It's also much harder when you are only 24, and look about 19.

People find it really hard to actually listen to what you have to say, despite the MCSE!

Means ****** all if they can't look past the face does it really.

I all ways like the lines "I did tell you that during the meeting" or "HAHA ****, I did tell you but nooooooo you would not pay any attention to me" or "Hello, thats what I said in the last 2 meetings so why the hell is this **** taking all the credit for my ideas?" or one thats being used the most at the moment as we clean up some projects "he's a ***** thats why!"
I hate cleaning up other people's projects for them. :keule:

I hate cleaning up other people's projects for them. :keule:

I'm doing just that at the moment.

I learnt VBA at college 7 years ago, not planning to EVER use it. Good job I did, because I've been using it plenty to amend and repair the f**k ups done by this software company.

Epic, epic fail.

I'd like the idea of a company using Ubuntu or something different to MS.

We're rolling out Google Apps for business here currently to accompany the Citrix XenApp.

I love Google Apps, I am running my home domain through it - fooking fantastic for free.

Also recently I configured a TS environment using entirely Linux LDE thin clients. Shame they still connect to, and use, and MS Server. A step in the right direction though....

I just managed to print on someone else's printer even though It wasn't originally shared...

And I've only just discovered that I cant send those messages over the network like you used to be able to do a school, I forget what its called Winsomething

Morning,
We have a new face.
Welcome to the pub,
happy%20to%20have%20a%20beer.gif

Yeah got bored, trawling the NET for car parts!

Had a nice pair of boxes delivered this morning :yes:

Anyway whats with all this IT talk!?

And I've only just discovered that I cant send those messages over the network like you used to be able to do a school, I forget what its called Winsomething

Are you talking about NET SEND?

I LOVE net send. Oh the fun I had.

What was in the boxes?

IT talk in here is some of the most intellegent IT talk I get on a daily basis. lol
Two guys in this office things they know it all, they know alot but they know everything and they are all ways correct. GRRRR

And no work to do ;)
Speak for yourself - don't tar us all with the same brush :shrug:
Some of us are doing large data operations that just need a quick check every few minutes :rock: to make sure that the server is following our instructions.

Paul

thats the sparrow, so much fun!

Ah ha, then you may well be in luck me friend. Oh but you can send them. Just because you can't use it doesn't mean that it's not there....

All MS did to disable it was turn off the Messenger service at startup. If you want to send them, simply fire up the Messenger service on your machine and the machine you want to message, and presto....

NET SEND DANE HELLO.

Ahhhhh.

Best one I ever had was on our Win 98 network at school... Net send was enabled. Big mistake.

NET SEND * THE HEAD FIDDLES YOUNG BOYS

Nuff said. That popped up on EVERY machine in the school on the LAN.

They never busted me, although knew I did it. Mwahahaha.

I use to use it at home to tell the family dinner was ready. lol
Use to do the samething in school. So much fun.

Just had a phone call saying the Navy does not need cover for monday. WooHoo.
4 day weekend. I'm off tomorrow to get my car down the body shop.
Amazing. :D

you could make them pop up like 100 times too

Billy B8's & h&rs! Going to get them on this weekend:jump:

Im off this week, relocation leave for the win!