ASN's Pub

Crap time.
I'm ****** off with HTC with my phone and just had a altercation with the local Lloyds branch.
Their faulty cash machine stole my card and they was refushing to give it back.

So angry.

That's **** mate. Did you get the card back in the end? or do you have to wait for a new one?
What have HTC said now too?

Why on earth did it do that?

Pretty sheeite here too, I didnt get through to the next stage for the job I was applying for, which was my way out - my light at the end of the tunnel.

And Milltek messed up so I have to wait longer to get my car back.

So I've brought some Wheels! so anyone got any tyre size suggestions for an 18x8.5 ET35 (hopefully getting a 23)? lol

235/35R18 will be a good size. should be as close to standard rolling circumference as possible. i bought falken fk452, i did have bridgestone potenza re050, and the falkens are near half the price and easily as good and better in the wet.

Not a clue why it did it.
I put my card in, it slowly went in, the machine clicked alot, throw up a error.
I went in to the branch and the women took the car out of the machine and said yup, its here.
I asked if i can have it back and she said no.
I asked why, she said cause HSBC told them.
They never had chance to talk to HSBC or phone them, so it must have been a policy or something thats been sent down in the past.

After her being a stubbon old cow and she finaly logged a call about the faulty machine (they knew about it since last week) and informed a couple of other people it was faulty and use it at their own risk (they left and never used it).

She phoned HSBC to find out why my card was taken by the machine but I had to talk to the bank. They said they can pass me over to the lost & stolen department to get a new card. at this point the old bat handed me my card cause I needed it to confrim the details on it. I said to the women on the phone its ok, I got my card, I'm going to walk out. I went to walk out the old dog said she should phone the police, I said ok phone.
She then said I was the rudest customer she delt with, I said its ok, i'm not a lloyds customer and walked out with my card. :)

Time to phone HTC to top this day off.

Dane, back luck on the job mate. Any more in the pipe line?
How far you going with the Badger sig? :)

no idea on tyres mate.

Pretty sheeite here too, I didnt get through to the next stage for the job I was applying for, which was my way out - my light at the end of the tunnel.

So I've brought some Wheels! so anyone got any tyre size suggestions for an 18x8.5 ET35 (hopefully getting a 23)? lol

You will need 5mm spacers for the front wheels to clear the front struts Dane. I'd go for the standard 225/40's.

Dane, for you: Parts & Accessories : Audi S3 8L milltek exhaust

Not a clue why it did it.
I put my card in, it slowly went in, the machine clicked alot, throw up a error.
I went in to the branch and the women took the car out of the machine and said yup, its here.
I asked if i can have it back and she said no.
I asked why, she said cause HSBC told them.
They never had chance to talk to HSBC or phone them, so it must have been a policy or something thats been sent down in the past.

After her being a stubbon old cow and she finaly logged a call about the faulty machine (they knew about it since last week) and informed a couple of other people it was faulty and use it at their own risk (they left and never used it).

She phoned HSBC to find out why my card was taken by the machine but I had to talk to the bank. They said they can pass me over to the lost & stolen department to get a new card. at this point the old bat handed me my card cause I needed it to confrim the details on it. I said to the women on the phone its ok, I got my card, I'm going to walk out. I went to walk out the old dog said she should phone the police, I said ok phone.
She then said I was the rudest customer she delt with, I said its ok, i'm not a lloyds customer and walked out with my card. :)

Time to phone HTC to top this day off.

Dane, back luck on the job mate. Any more in the pipe line?
How far you going with the Badger sig? :)

no idea on tyres mate.

I had exactly the same thing happen once dude, and they wouldn't give me the card back either despite it being their fault.

I had an interesting weekend, with a new problem I have never experienced before...

Finished building Bumble's engine on Saturday avo, no problems, all fine. After testing stationary, I took it out for a blast.

First 6 or 7 miles, great, no problems. Then I started to feel some hesitation and resistance.

Stopped, pulled over thinking I has blown a boost hose, but no, everything OK.

Pulled off, same again, this time with a smell. First thoughts ran to clutch, however the smell was brakes.

Resistance getting worse and worse untill I could only actually drive in 3rd or less.

Made it to a car park, pulled in and got out. Front brakes literally SMOKING. Hmmmm.

Managed to make it most of the way home, and then gave up as couldn't drive except in 1st.

It occurred to me that the problem was likely to be the new master cylinder I fitted. Anyway, walked home (about a mile) and got an 11mm spanner and a rag. Cracked off the front bleed nipples to release some pressure, then drove home epic fast (With no brakes :()

Turns out the master cylinder was different, only slightly, but enough. ****.

Is that with ET35 or 23 bud? will 225's not be a bit streched?

This is ET22 on an 8" rim and 225 tyres Dane, no clearance issues, I doubt it will look too stretched on an 8.5" rim, but if going for 235's, I'd try and stick with ET30. The rears are ET17, why not get a pair of each for front and rear.

7af162de.jpg

How is every one?

I'm sat here waiting for my car to be finished so i can collect it from the body shop and waiting for my phone.

I made a HTC Repair Complete group on facebook and got over 60people on it at the moment (one of which is HTC UK) and we've been bombarding HTC facebook about our issues and trying to get our phones back. we've also been email web sites and TV series as well, since writing letters, emails and phoning HTC is not doing any thing.

Dane, hows the wheels and car?
Jojo, Got that piston back in yet?

I wonder if Aythree is happy with his campain? I hope it worked. :)

All good here mate, just working hard like a good boy like i have been told to do so. In the hope that soon that will allow me to change job role.

And heres hoping that my HTC never gets a problem! I take it you have still not heard back from them as to when you might actually get your phone back?

I wonder if Aythree is happy with his campain? I hope it worked. :)

It's gathering steam.

And I tell you what.... if we win the vote against merger but they still merge the two sections..... well, lets just say it ain't gonna be pretty.

riot.jpg

And heres hoping that my HTC never gets a problem! I take it you have still not heard back from them as to when you might actually get your phone back?

I'm phoning up every day at the moment.
Tuesday they said they are waiting on parts that was ordered last week, I thought they was ordered before the bank holiday?
Yesterday they said it will be in my hand by the 27th but are unable to give me any update on the situation of the parts.
Work that out. lol

It's gathering steam.

And I tell you what.... if we win the vote against merger but they still merge the two sections..... well, lets just say it ain't gonna be pretty.

riot.jpg

I quite hope they merge now, just to see your reaction!

I'm phoning up every day at the moment.
Tuesday they said they are waiting on parts that was ordered last week, I thought they was ordered before the bank holiday?
Yesterday they said it will be in my hand by the 27th but are unable to give me any update on the situation of the parts.
Work that out. lol

So they can tell you when you can have your phone, but dont know when they will have the parts to fix it??

Interesting!

Mike, Thats my thinking. I'll phone them again in a bit and see what they say.
I tell them I'm writing it down and they don't seem to like that to much lol.

Aythree, NOOOOOOOoooo I like the internet.

I have just about had enough today, lost count of how many times my work phones and computer have gone down.

I'm winding down for the day, off to help run the PA for the Live Bands at the Bill Target Steam Memorial Rally tomorrow and over the weekend.

I help my Sister-In-Law's Husband (I call him my Brother-In-Law but apparently that isn't so) who has his own entertainment company that does live bands at functions, corporate functions, party's, weddings etc. He does the PA and lighting for a few of the local charity steam fairs.

Hard work but good fun, this one the stage is in the beer marquee. It is only a smallish one though as we will only have a single 4 way stack each side of the stage, the big rig runs 2 x 4 way stacks each side of the stage.

The Bill Targett Rally holding page.

Paul

Awww this is why some forums are good.

Mike, Vomite and go home. :)

My car is done.
Off to collect it from the body shop in about an hour.
I'm scared.

Jealous Im looking at Sunday afternoon - safe to say I've had enough of the micra now. Ive even considered writing it off so my brother doesn't have to endure it! lol

Jealous Im looking at Sunday afternoon - safe to say I've had enough of the micra now. Ive even considered writing it off so my brother doesn't have to endure it! lol

LOL, I've been in the Clio far longer than you've had the Micra dude, I feel your pain.

MOT for me tomorrow, again. Need to tweak a few bits and bobs beforehand, and then we are good to roll.... (hopefully)

Good luck, dude - At least it's not just me!

If I get it back Sunday I might have to be driving around chelt when the cruise is on, and I might have to suprise the odd car load of chavs. It's gonna get a good stretch of it's legs thats for sure!

Jojo, Got that piston back in yet?

Hey bud, I decided to leave my car at my mates workshop workshop, and he sorted it for me. At first he said I needed a new caliper, the piston was jammed solid, he'd spend 30 minutes on it, I said no problem, I'll try and buy one asap, then he called me an hr later to tell me he got it sorted, hope I didn't get a replacement! He took the caliper off and stripped it down, cleaned it all up and put back together in an hr! Legend!! But he did said I will need a new one if it leaks, as he used the old seals, not new ones!

Now to tackle my Mk2 Golf in my next free slot! I got new rear discs and pads for it, as the old ones looked like they was getting on a bit, but I didn't realise the wheel bearing was incorporated into the disc, so this will be a fun job! My research on ClubGTI and Edition38 shows it's a pretty simple enough job, so finger crossed. :)
I'm sat here waiting for my car to be finished so i can collect it from the body shop

Now you have your car, where's the pics?

Sounds like the same set up at my B5 rear disks.
a easy job to do. alot quicker and easier than I thought.

I got it, Need to pop back tomorrow.
couple of bits need look at.
Not sure if I'm being picky or not.
First time I had a car in the body shop, so not sure what to expect.

Pic of problem one.
2011_05_19_1411.jpg

PIc of problem number two. Not sure if you can see it but there is about 10 little holes/bubbles with in the paint. Can't really see it but you can feel it if you rub your hand over. The paint is so smooth.
2011_05_19_1414.jpg

Never got a pic of this section but on the roof near the D pillar is some orange pill about inch by inch at the back end of the roof bars. Am I being picky about this bit?

Random crappy side pic
2011_05_19_1417.jpg

Apart from the above the paint job is amazing, so smooth and looks so flawless.
Really wish I did not have to take it back.

Yes mate if you want those bits sorted take it back and ask them to sort it. The customer is always right.

LOL, I used to say that until I started working IT Support.

I have now modified it.... The customer isn't always right, however the customer is ALWAYS the customer.