Ashtray removal

brys3

Reaction score
can someone please guide me as to ashtray removal from the front of my s3. any help will be most appreciated

Welcome to the site 1st.

Yeah just open it up & IIRC there are 2 screws that show themselves once its open, at the rear, stick a torch in there mate, but be warned at rear iirc there was a rubber kind of bush or 2, just make sure these are attached still when you reposition it, also has the wiring attached.

hi, there are no screws evident, what i see is the light cover on the left and a cigarette lighter on the right, dont know what to do, help?

Just took mine out today, changing the centre console facia which was scratched. Open the ashtray up and there's one screw facing you at the top of the opening, holding it to the console. Once the screw's out, just pull the tray forward and out and unclip the 2 connectors on the back. When putting it back in, make sure the 2 locator lugs on the top section are in, keep it held in place with one hand and pop the screw back in.

Hope that helps.
James.

Still no joy, there are no screws visible what I can see is a lug stopping the ashtray on the left and I can't see behind the cigarette lighter on the right. Don't want to force anything, please help