1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ashtray removal

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by BigDaz, Sep 6, 2007.

1. BigDaz

BigDaz Power On

Bit of a stupid question but,
    How do you get the ashtray out, not just the inner but, the whole thing?
    Do I need to take out the climate control thing above it to get to that coil return bit?
    I need to run a lead through the back of it and I am on the verge of breaking it :(
    Cheers

Daz

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. steve1975l

steve1975l Member

(Single DIN)
    Insert 2 small screwdrivers in top to release storage compartment . You will then see 2 clasps at the top so push them down and pull ash tray out.

(Double DIN)
    Remove radio. You will see 2 clips spring clips either side to undo climate push down and pull. You will then see 2 clasps at the top so push them down and pull ash tray out.

4. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost!
    Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group Audi S3

It would help if you mention the model of car you have mate?

If it's an early S3, then it's only one, possible 2 screws underneath, and the whole thing slides out.

5. BigDaz

BigDaz Power On

A3 TDI 2001 Double Din, Bu**er, so I will need to lay my hands on 4 of the stereo removal tools then!

Cheers

Daz

6. steve1975l

steve1975l Member

Watch your hands on cheap radio tools they are like razors when the radio decides to stay put. Got blood all over the carpet one day.